Full moon?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Little Luey, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Is it true you catch bigger fish or more fish during full moon than in any other time?

2. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    It is said that the moon phase has an effect on fishing. Full and New moon is supposed to be better fishing. I know an awful lot of fishermen who catch fish no matter the phase, and those same fishermen say it's a lot of hooey that phase matters. There are a lot of articles on this on the internet. Google it and read.

Do you catch bigger fish during the full or new moon? Only if one happens by and takes your bait. Otherwise, I'd say it's about the same odds as any other time. Best time to go fishing? Whenever you can!!!

3. SangamonCatKiller

SangamonCatKiller New Member

State:
    central illinois
    IMO its really going to depend on the situation. I honestly have much better luck with no moon at all. If your fishing shallow water and you have a bright moonlight sky overhead, its probably going to affect you in the negative. Now same situation but, add a little cloud cover, and most likely to help. I think all animals/humans feel the energy of the full moon/new moon cycles. But, just think of the advantage that predators get when there isn't a moon at all, especially cat's, being more scent/vibration oriented. Wouldn't rule out fishing either one but, I like none or a full moon with lots of cloud cover!

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Its a myth.If they are hungry they will eat no matter what the moon is.

5. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I havent seen where it makes a difference.

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i have done better with a full moon

7. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    my biggest fish actually came duing a new moon. Luey out here in AZ when the moon gets full, it gets really bright out and i think that kind of puts a damper on the fishes. i have better luck between the last and first quarters of the moon phases.

8. Pfunk

Pfunk New Member

State:
    Lake Fork - Texas
    My 2 cents. There's really far too many factors to focus on just moon phase. Yeah its an important factor, but no more important than any of the others. Weather, sun position, moon phase, moon position, temp of water, temp of air, high front, low front, clouds, etc..
    There's 33 total factors that effect natures feeding habits. I cant name them all, but its worth researching.

9. gryan0607

gryan0607 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Usually on a full moon, when I catfish, I catch nothing.

I refuse to fish on a full moon.

10. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I like to fish either the 2 weeks before the new moon or the 2 weeks before the full moon has always worked for me.HAHAHAHAHA Just go fishin whenever you get a chance. The more you go the better the odds of catching a big fish are.

11. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Here we go-worms are getting away:wink:I have a buddy that will not fish full moon,me lets go if ya feel like it...? I aint got the answear but I will be out there on any given night in fair weather and Its all good I love a quiet night not catching but a night knocking cant be beat:wink:My blood preasure is up just thinkin bout the comin months.............

12. captain kirko

captain kirko New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I am with no fishing on full moon, it appears during a full moon phase, fishing for cats or ANYTHING that bites, except my girfriend which she bites all the time:smile2:!

No brownie points there!

Fish must turn into some other critters, zombies or something?
    Just don't really know why, if someone else has the reason let us know!

13. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I fish during all phases seems to me I have better luck during a full moon.When bank fishing have to use less light to fish with.

14. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I dont think those big cats are just gonna feed during the full moon, or they would not get that big.

15. jdwizard

jdwizard New Member

State:
    Independence, Missouri
    I think the trick to catching fish big or small is not waiting for the right moon,rain, sun , cold or hot but to be consistant and be out in the water as much as possible.I mean some kind of bait in the water all the time, and don't let the moon take credit for all your hard work/fun. Fish hard work less!!!!

16. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I do agree that there has to be more than just the moon to be able to catch some big fish.
    I agree with you all that say to just get out there and fish!!:wink: