Full moon

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by droptine77, Apr 30, 2007.

1. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Just wondered how you guys fished a full moon. Do you stay with the same tactics or switch it up a bit? I have had some luck under a float in the shallows at night. I have read in a few places that catfish and a full moon don't agree. Just trying to pick some brains.

2. catch & release

catch & release New Member

State:
    SC
    This time of year I stay shallow the first half of the night. I fish Moultrie 90% of the time, so maybe it's not best everywhere. Some of my best nights have been on a full moon. When the moon starts going down, the bite usually starts slowing down. I like to turn the lights off and watch the rod bend against the night sky!

3. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    [QUOTE
    ![/QUOTE]

Man they aint nothin that beats that site.:big_smile:

4. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    I never have much luck during a full moon.

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Full moon is better fished at night in the flats in my opionion. The fish are going to feed you just have to be there waiting for them. If you have time to go I say go regardless of what the moon is doing. There is nothing better than sitting there in that night moon aseeing that rod load up. Good luck

6. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    cant tell if the fish bite better or not but i love being on the river at nigth with full moon NO PLACE BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!

7. The Out-Fisherman

The Out-Fisherman New Member

State:
    Charleston, SC
    The only fishing I've seen affected by the moon is the bream...they go on the bed and you can easily limit out when you find them together.