Full moon

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by raysplay, May 8, 2009.

1. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    :cool2:As of today we are in a full moon:confused2: I would like to know is this the peak of night fishing .Over the years I have herd about the new moon:crazy: the full moon :cool2:and the old moon :tounge_out:so what is the prime time night fishing?:eek:oooh:

2. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    I will have to admit I have caught more bass (yes, that pitiful fish) on the dark moon. I assume cats will feed differently on the various moon stages. I look forward to reading the posts on this question, but I will not stay home just because the moon is in a particular phase.

3. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Yesterday was the day before the full moon and at noon I was pulling 3-5# channel cats out of the local lake. So by this I'm thinking the daytime bite is the way to go on the full moon. Here is a link that gives prime time for activity of fish and wildlife. You might want to bookmark it or add to your favorites list. Hope this helps.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/bassmaster/fishingtips/news/story?page=bass_solunar
    Lunar cycles are an amazing thing and are very worth while consideration when fishing or hunting.

4. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The fish in my avatar was caught under the full moon. I am a beleiver.....no matter what anyone else may say.....LOL:smile2:

5. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I'm gonna let the real secret out here and let you all know when the prime time night catfishing is.

Actually it isn'r really much of a secret just a realization to all.

The very best primetime night catfishing is when you can do it with several of your friends.

There is no better time spent whether you catch any cats or not. Good times spent with good friends are always memorable.

6. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    I agree with Kevin any time I can get some friends to go I am going!!

7. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Ray, I truely dont know the answer to your question, Moon phases with hunting and fishing are a science that I just dont get into. I have personally caught fish on all the phases so I really dont see the hype. Seems to me though, That a predator fish, Like a flathead would love the full moon as any bait above would easily be seen, but then again they are adapted to no light. so I dunno. My GPS tells me when the best times are to fish or hunt and I wonder How the h*LL does it know?? :smile2: I really rely more on the barometric pressure than anything else. Thats another science that folks will argue over for ever. but for me, it seems to work. Fallin or risin is good. as long as its movin...........:big_smile: Too high and they seem to get the lockjaw.

8. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA

That right there is golden information!! barometric pressure is everything! all that mumbojumbo table shit has got to go!! I WILL NOT rely on a web site or a magazine to tell me when the fish are biteing... That is the same as a weather person telling you it's not going to rain And then it pours... It's all BS IMO! I rely on what mother nature is telling me on "THAT DAY"... I have to admit that a full moon gets me HOWLING!!!! LOL!