Full moon this week!!-Who's going???

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by thelastcast, Nov 10, 2008.

1. thelastcast

thelastcast New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Nothing to brag about this past Sun., but later this week through the week-end we'll have the full moon & longer tides.- Should be a great chance to bend a rod!:smile2: Melissa & i are going Wed. night & probably all week-end. Look for an ugly old doo-doo brown run-about with the top & side curtains up, it's gonna be a little chilly!!:smile2:

2. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    Hey Randy, I hope you do well. During the summer every full moon I fished, bass or catfish stunk. I mean I swore off fishing on the full moon. I have heard that 3 days before or after are the best.
    Let me know how you do.

3. 66TBONE

66TBONE New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Heading out in the morning. Putting in at osbourne some time about low tide 8:30 am and fishing most of the day. Will post a report later in the week. If anyone is out there from osbourne to deep bottom i am in an off white 1985 Renken maroon stripes and name. Give me a shout. Good luck all and see ya on the water!

4. F250SD-Baby!!

F250SD-Baby!! New Member

State:
    Virginia
    :smile2::smile2::wink::tounge_out::wink:
    Hey Jeff! Are you talking about fishing?!?

Sorry, I couldn't resist:embarassed:

5. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    For striper fishing the bay, two days up to and after a full or new moon are the best. Tide runs harder and bait is more concentrated. But,,,,,,,,looking at my Virginia Wildlife Calendar that has the solar lunar deal and fishing recomendation for each day says today veterans day is only fair for fishing. I am heading to the bay today to fish eels for big stripers,(I hope) at the cbbt.

6. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I like to run jugs on a full moon

7. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hello Harold, I would think juglines would conclude somewhat the debate on whether the flats feed on a full moon as well as a new moon. Have you kept any notes to confirm the bite? Thanks Mike