Full Moon: Lake Roosevelt

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by akleader, Jun 27, 2007.

1. akleader

akleader New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Heading to Rosey this weekend. Has anyone noticed if the Rosy Flats bit during full moon phases. I can't say I have paid attention.

Thank you!!

2. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    I do not want to pass on my luck, but I have never done very well on a full moon, also I have been out the last two weeks, thursday last week and again this tuesday night. Once on the lake up the salt river, and once at the diversion damn. I caught three fish total and all were under 10 lbs. So i am not sure what is happening up there, either they are spawning, or are done and back in the main lake. Best of luck to you though, Ihope you get on em, because I want to get back out there, but maybe heading to bartlett this weekend.

3. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Hey, I'm heading to Bartlet this weekend also.. Last year at the end of June had a full , "harvest moon".. Had a great trip with two over thirty and a few more well over ten. (But the lake was pretty full)
    * Look for me in a green pontoon Saturday. I think it will just be me and my daughter.
    Take care~
    ~A

4. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    I went to Bartlett yesterday and this one hit at about 3 am. No other runs. The other little guy had a lot of heart. Me and a friend had 4 rods out pretty far up river. The water is trickling in but not much movement. It's actually dropped a tad in the last week or so. Sure hope we get some rain soon. That lake and the Flats need some water bad. I think I'm gonna try some spots in the mail lake next time I go. I have no answers.

Micah

Attached Files:

5. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    great flat. nice post

6. greatthosu

greatthosu New Member

State:
    AZ.
    Thanks for the Info. and the pics.

7. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Nice fish! Was it over 20 #? It looks close.

* I can't wait.. I am headed out tomorrow morning with my 5 year old daughter. We plan to tear 'em up..

* I am going to try and install a misting system on my boat plumbed into my live well pump tonight.:wink:

Take care~

8. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    He weighed 23#. I forgot to put that in there. My buddy kept getting bit on his stink bait so I told him to set the hook. I think he weighed in at about 2 grams. he put up a hell of a fight..

9. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Nice job. Fish over 20 # are few and far between at Bartlet.
    ~A

10. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    I've got Tuesday thru thursday to fish and I'm tossed between Bartlett and Roosevelt. I know my chances are probably better at Roosevelt but I feel like I'm real close to catching some big ones at Bartlett. If I go to Roosevelt where would you recomend fishing? I'm not as familiar with that lake as Bartlett?? Should I just head up the river and go as far as I can go?
    Micah

11. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    Nice fish. Good luck on your next trip.