Full moon for fishing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Hillbilly Willie, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Hillbilly Willie

Hillbilly Willie New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    How does a full moon affect the fishing? Never fished a full moon before. It's gonna be one this weekend, and I'm wondering if it's even worth trying. What's ya'lls opinion?

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Will Welcome to the BOC,from So. Illinois. Many fisherman prefer the full moon for fishing, others like the dark of the moon. I have done well fishing both the full and dark.:0a23::0a25::0a25:

3. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    On the full moon I find better luck with a day time bite. I like fishing daytime on full moon this time of year.

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I agree with Michael. I have had good luck on both. A full moon in nice for camping:wink: I normally use a head lamp anyway. No light usually around:cool2:
    Welcome to the BOC Wil:big_smile:

5. mudcat dale

mudcat dale New Member

State:
    Texas
    I mainly bank fish on a river. I've had good luck on the full moon. However, I have noticed is that the cats bite really good before and after the moonlight is on the water. When the moonlight is on the water, the cats seem to quit biting and I get a ton of gar bites.

6. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    personally ive had terrible luck on full moon nights and excellent luck on moonless nights..maybe i make too much noise or something lol

7. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I worry more about water conditions and bait than the moon.I go when I can and don,t feel like it,s ever affected me one way or the other.I know some guys swear they can,t buy a fish during a full moon,but that,s not the case with me and I,ve kept pretty good records over the years.I think if I let something affect my confidence,that,s gonna affect my fishing.No matter when I,m out there,I always KNOW the big ones gonna hit in about five minutes.:roll_eyes:Almost forgot,WELCOME to the BOC Will!:big_smile:

8. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I fish every possible chance I get. I don't care if there was a sign above the lake that says NO FISH HERE I will still try it. So I don't let the moon affect my fishing.