Full moon - Does it effect flathead Blue Catfish?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bluecatnut, May 13, 2006.

1. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

freeburg illinois
    is it great to go flat and blues fishing on full moon nights thanks for ur help
  2. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

I personally dont follow any of the moon phase, solanar tables, weather effect, like other people do and I catch fish consistantly.

The only rule I follow is, if you arnt fishing, you sure arnt gonna catch anything.

There is debatable evidence that bigger fish, and possible more fish are caught within 3 days on either side of a full moon.

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

I have fished three days so far around this full moon and have only noticed a distinct time that fish are biting. The bite has been about as good as it has been for the past several weeks, so I can not really say it is better.

Yesterday we did see a distinct "start" to a good afternoon bite around 4:00pm, and the same was true the day before. Mornings have been ok, but nothing out of this world, but it has died off around 10:30 or so. Neither of these bites coincided with the moon rise or set.

So, with all that set, the bite seem the same as always with only the time of day differing.