Full moon - Does it effect flathead Blue Catfish?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bluecatnut, May 13, 2006.

1. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    is it great to go flat and blues fishing on full moon nights thanks for ur help

2. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I personally dont follow any of the moon phase, solanar tables, weather effect, like other people do and I catch fish consistantly.

The only rule I follow is, if you arnt fishing, you sure arnt gonna catch anything.

There is debatable evidence that bigger fish, and possible more fish are caught within 3 days on either side of a full moon.

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I have fished three days so far around this full moon and have only noticed a distinct time that fish are biting. The bite has been about as good as it has been for the past several weeks, so I can not really say it is better.

Yesterday we did see a distinct "start" to a good afternoon bite around 4:00pm, and the same was true the day before. Mornings have been ok, but nothing out of this world, but it has died off around 10:30 or so. Neither of these bites coincided with the moon rise or set.

So, with all that set, the bite seem the same as always with only the time of day differing.