Full moon, any good fishing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by tomcat85, Aug 10, 2006.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    me and my buddy went out for like 3 hrs last night we didnt do too good. just caught a bunch of small channels anyone do any good?

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I went for a while last night,didn't do too good.I put on a 5" bluegill and threw it out and about a minute later my clicker started screaming.I thought it was gonna be a nice cat but it turned out to be a 2# ba$$.I was ticked.I got a couple more runs but didn't catch anything else.

3. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    it a rarety to have good fishn during a full moon, unless u go early in the morning like 2-4 0clock

4. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    I've heard the light hurts the bite , but ya know ... if the waters wet ya got to go .

5. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I have never had any luck at all on afull moon:big_smile:

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I used to think that a full moon hurt the bite but A friend of mine showed me different by changing tactics. He fished a little deeper and that was it and caught fish. I don't know if it was a fluke are experience but I was certainly impressed, a little anyway. Just thought I would share.

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think the full moon and hot water temps have the bite slowed down, fall is right around the corner and lets hope we all get into some big fish.

8. bhunt

bhunt New Member

State:
    *Required*
    I fish early morning and late evening during the summer and the moon doesnt seem to change my fishing. I fish lakes and the thermocline seems to be more important than anything else.

9. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    I'm rather suprised to see no one likes the full moon, these nights were when I used to have my most success! I used to love the few days surrounding full moons. Still kinda do..

10. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I havent had any luck with any kind of bright moon. I do pick up smaller fish but even then the fishin is slow.

11. uptoolate

uptoolate New Member

State:
    Canyon Lake, Texas
    I do really well on nights with a full moon. I never catch what I'm after, though--all I end up with is wierdos.