Full moon and little channels

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by gtbait, Aug 27, 2007.

1. gtbait

gtbait Active Member

State:
    AZ
    There hasn't been much posted on this AZ site lately. How did you desert anglers do over the weekend with the looming full moon? I planted my pants at Canyon Lake for an hour or so and squeezed a couple of cigar sized Channels out of the water. Nothing worth takin' a picture of. Nonetheless the weather was comfortable and the water loaded with small Bluegill. So who caught fish?

2. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Little cats are better than no cats.

* Try a bigger bait.

3. gtbait

gtbait Active Member

State:
    AZ
    No cats are satisfying enough when fishin' is the end all. I did'nt ask for advice just who went fishin'.

4. Dapper Dan

Dapper Dan New Member

State:
    Az
    I fished twice this weekend, well I'll count thursday night as well... for a grand total of 3 flats, 1 channel and 2 very good size yellow bullheads, and 1 other bullhead that seemed to have the color of a channel but the body of a bull... some bonytail trout and some bass in the mix as well...

5. gtbait

gtbait Active Member

State:
    AZ
    You did well enough Dan. Where were you fishing? Boat or bank?

6. Dapper Dan

Dapper Dan New Member

State:
    Az
    On the bank in the verde... using crawdads, helgies, and nightcrawlers, no luck on stinkbait...best flat was like 14-16 inches...day time too....I should probaly get with the program and start throwing blue gill...I got one spot where i KNOW theres a hog, all the condititons are right i just need the oppurtunity to spend all night...

7. gtbait

gtbait Active Member

State:
    AZ
    I know this much. After that first bluegill bait slips into the water; there's little sleepin' through out the night. At least in my case. The weather in the upcoming weeks is some of the best for nighttime fishin'. You mentioned in another post your curiousity re: the Verde. So am I. I miss fishin' the lower Colorado River. There's something in the blood of this former Mississippi River commercial fisherman and moving water. If and when let's exchange some ideas on fishin' these small flows. If you don't mind Dan.

8. Dapper Dan

Dapper Dan New Member

State:
    Az
    Last night killed me, sittin on my porch watching the full moon get higher and brighter, wouldnt even have needed a lantern...The wife only allows me so much night fishing time and lst night wasnt one of those times...I was sittin here and realized that theres another small retaining dam on the river not to far from my house, cant believe i forgot about that... i really need to get something to store live bait in or theres no point in catching bluegill...Im always willing to share info or whatever, off to work , later yawl....