Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Man this is not showing any good points for G3. I do believe it wouldn’t take much of this sort of thing for me to implement the dealer with a 20’ suppository or at least make it clear that I intended to give him one.

Hi Mr Jay I guess this is fixed a year and a half later I remembered it and wondered what the solution was

Reactions: cat seeker 374
Discussion starter · #23 ·
Wesley, right on the inside of the boat by the filler hose is an IMO overly complicated series of vents and I get that we as fishermen don't want raw gas venting into the water but apparently these vents are very prone to failure. I am guessing one of the vents operates on the ball vent theory so on occasion a rap or two with a hard object, pliers, wrench, etc. will "unstick" the valve and allow for the boat to fill. It is not easy to get to and requires getting inside the boat lying on your back with your head under the dash. Most times the rap method does not work and if it does it is likely to stick again soon. I would also speculate one company manufactures these vents for several different boat builders as I have encountered two different folks who were having the same issue both having different brands of boats, one of them just keeps replacing the valve assembly the other did the easy, down and dirty thing and drilled the inner workings out of it and put it back in. I will keep replacing (if needed) as long as it is a warranty repair, after that I am going to have to do some soul searching.

good deal thanks for the info and sounds like you are lovin the boat.
I know some gas pumps will drive me bananas just refueling my truck or Bronco and shutting off every two seconds
:eek1:

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.