Fuel Tax Refund Information Program

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ryang, Jun 1, 2008.

1. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    http://www.americanboating.org/fueltax.asp

I dont know if this will apply to all states later on but this is all that is listed.

2. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the info. We were wondering about this at work the other day. I have heard all kinds of stuff, like it was for all gas bought during the summer months, for gas used in getting to work.

Glad this has been cleared up. I printed the info, including the state info for Missouri. I figure I can take it to work, make copies and hand them out to boaters when they come fill up. We get lots of em in heading to the lakes. :wink:

Right now it would be helpful for people to know about the tax breaks they can get. Every little bit counts.:big_smile:

3. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    You might know they would refund recreational fuel tax. What about my lawnmowing fuel--that's where I spending a lot of money! :crazy:

4. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    By the way, the form information listed for the Commonwealth of Virginia is incorrect. The "APPLICATION FOR FUELS TAX REFUND FOR FUEL USED IN BOATS OR WATERCRAFT" is form TS 217, not "TMS 216" as the American Boating site states.

TS 216 is the Virginia form number for the lackeys like me who want grass-cutting tax privileges! :embarassed::big_smile: