FUEL TANK QUESTION

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by coler0kw, Aug 25, 2009.

1. coler0kw

coler0kw New Member

State:
    ky
    HAS ANYONE EVER TRIED PUTTING A 6 GALLON TANK TOWARDS THE FRONT OF A JON BOAT USING A LONGER HOSE? i AM TRYING TO GET MORE WEIGHT IN THE FRONT WHILE RUNNING MY 14 FT. JON BY MYSELF..

2. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    no but it can be done just go to napa and buy some fuel line get some brass hose splicers and a couple of clamps to slice into the fuel line back by the motor. might be a little dangerous to have that much fuel line running loose on the boat. why dont you experiment with some concrete blocks or some other weight in the front before you do this you may save some money and find you wnt have to move your tank unless you just really want to.hope this helps:big_smile:

3. coler0kw

coler0kw New Member

State:
    ky
    WELL MY THOUGHT WAS TO ALSO TAKE SOME WEIGHT OUT OF THE BACKEND. I WEIGH 275 AND THE MOTOR WEIGHS 60. ADD 6 GALLON OF FUEL AND YOU GOT CLOSE TO 400 LB. IN THE BACK OF THE BOAT. THANKS FOR THE INPUT.

4. ae_ted

ae_ted Guest

I have a 6gl tank that I set in middle of my 36' wide 14' jon boat. I weigh about 200 so I was having same prob as you. When running jugs, i have no problem, I can get 5 to 6 mph on my gps. When i move the weight(me) foward, I can get the 14' jon with 6hp johnson to 11 to 12mph on gps. I took some 2" pvc pipe that would slip over the tiller handle and then cut a slot and attached a wide hose clamp assembly, then went from the 2" pvc to 3/4" pce and made 5' tiller extension. wwhen i want to go somewhere fast(if you call 11mph fast) I can set in middle of the 14' boat and get er done. all other times i just remove the homade tiller extension and go about my fishing. And yes you can put a longer gas line on. Good Luck!

5. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    it can be done