Fuel Saver

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by MattShannon, Feb 6, 2008.

1. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Any you guys familiar with the fuel saver package offered at Monroe? They said my car needed it and it would restore much hp and save gas. Amongst other things they claim they do, they hook up an "I.V." to the car and it supposedly cleans the injectors. They said it was on sale and I can get it for $80. My owners manual doesn't mention it as a part of routine maintenance. Have you heard of this? If so, does it work and is it worth it. I don't have $80 to throw away.

2. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    a fuel injector clean is never a bad idea. especially in cars with higher mileage. i cant attest to how much it will improve your mileage. but, it's cheeper than replacing injectors. we do a combination of the injector clean, and a topside cleaning. we hook up an aerosol can to the fuel rail and do the injector clean first. take the equipment off and then flog the intake side down with a combustion chamber cleaner. it really cleans and loosens the rings, cleans the valves and pistons. used as regular maintenance i believe this service will DRAMATICALLY lengthen the life of an engine. I suggest them all the time..

3. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    its probably a good idea, in case you havent noticed at the gas pumps, they used to all say they had fuel system cleaners in the fuel, they did and it worked well about 3-4 years ago id say 90% or more of them removed it to lower cost, sisnce then almost all car companies have added injector cleaning to the maint schedules, if yours are dirty it will improve performance and probably mileage, id recomend a can of cleaner in the fuel tank every 3 months or so just to keep them clean, then you shouldnt have to do this again any time soon, hope this helps

4. Lost-him

Lost-him New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Injector cleaning really depends on the milage of the vehicle. If your around 40K to 50K or more and haven't had it done I would recommend it. I also put inject cleaner in the tank when ever I get an oil change. I had a Ford Ranger and did this and when they checked the injectors they weren't that worn and it had 150,000 on it.

5. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I WOULDNT SPEND $80 ON IT JUST MY OPINON

6. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    we use a product called 44k from bg products, & it runs about 69.95 i thin....it really works on high mileage cars---ppl usually do it every 30 to 60 thousand miles