Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to hookup a fuel gauge if i just want to hook it up with a switch to turn it off and on ? I have a purple ,dark blue and black on the gauge .and pink and black on the sending unit

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Are there any letters beside the post on the gauge? You need to pay more attention to them that the color wires. Someone may have just used what ever color wire they had at the time. What brand gauge is it? Teleflex, Faria?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
One of them should be marked with an I. That is the one you want to put on a switch. It is your the ignition terminal or wire. If wired correctly with the color code it should be purple if I recall correctly. That doesn't mean the purple is 100% the wire you need to put on a switch. Like I said someone may have goofed the color on the wires. It happens.
I hope this helps.
David

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so if i get this right power dosnt go to the sending unit ,purple to the switch,then to 12v+ black to neg- ,then pink straight from sending unit to gauge ,where does the black go off the sending unit to neg-on the battery?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.