FUEL CELL ?

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by captmarty, Jan 7, 2009.

1. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I HAVE A REGULAR PLASTIC 6 GALLON GAS JUG IN MY BOAT NOW! DOES ANYBODY HAVE A STAINLESS STEEL OR ALUMINUM FUEL CELL IN THERES? I HAVE HEARD THAT THEY ARE BETTER THAN THE PLASTIC. I THINK THE PLASTIC ONES GET OLD AND TO HOT AND THEY GET AIR IN THE FITTINGS CAUSING THE MOTOR TO RUN SLUGGISH! I DON'T KNOW WHICH ROUTE TO GO YET SO ANY INSIGHT ON THIS WOULD BE HELPFUL!!

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Dayummmm.... He lives!! Thought you and catfishmick gave up on us!! The plastic tanks are FINE! They are not affected by heat, and the ventilation is the same as any other tank. The plastic will break down in the sun over the years if not protected, but they are otherwise A-OK. Lets hook up and fish!
    Bill in SC

3. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    YEA-ME AND CATFISHMICK ARE STILL HERE! HE HAS BEEN WORKING ALOT LATELY! HE MOVED TO CHARLESTON FOR A JOB DOWN THERE BUT HE COMES BACK ON THE WEEKENDS MOST OF THE TIME! THANKS FOR THE INPUT ON THE GAS TANK! LET ME CHECK WITH THE WIFE ABOUT THIS WEEKEND TO SEE WHAT ALL SHE HAS GOING ON AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW ABOUT WINYAH BAY! THAT WOULD BE AN AWESOME TRIP! YEA-WE SHOULD DEFNATELY FISH TOGETHER AGAIN!

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Marty, the reason you probably don't see more of the is price. The plastic tanks are just cheaper to install. I would bet they are a good choice for installation in an open area like a Jon boat.

5. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    thanks dieter, i think they will do the job! i looked at some custom tanks online and they are rather expensive! i should do me just fine! i am running a 16' high tide with a 6 gallon tank so i should be fine!