Fuel additives

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Arkansascatman777, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Willard/Bob, I have a 60 HP Evinrude it's a 90 something model and it is mounted on an older model 24 ft. pontoon boat. I have a water seperator mounted on the back ( The big filter type that looks like an oil filter). I have two 6 gallon tanks that I run on it. I use quick silver oil mix.

The following is the additives that I put in each 6 gallon tank.

1.ISO Heat in the red 12 oz. bottle. I put 1/3 of the bottle approx. 4 oz's. in each tank.

2. I put 3 oz's. of stabile in each 6 gallon tank.

3. I put 6 oz's of sea foam in each 6 gallon tank.

The motor runs fine and have had no problems. My question - is this overkill? I'm on my third can of sea foam since I started using it. Can I cut back on some of these additives or cut some of them out all together since I have started using the sea foam? Thanks

2. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    the heat is probably little more than alcohol
    the fuel stablizer only if you arent going to run your motor for a while
    sea foam great choice all around it really does alll you are trying to do .
    the problem with heat if it is alcohol it will strip the oil from the cylinders. i may be wrong but when i drag raced and ran alcohol if my motor was going to set i would spray wd 40 to keep the cylinder walls coated and would burn off.hope it helps

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    He is right about the heat.
    I just use sea foam year around myself. You don't have to have all three to get results you are looking for. You have the seperator on it and that was the best move and now the sea foam will do it all.

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Thanks guy's, Thats what I was wanting to do just wanted to know from someone that knows. I'll keep using 6 oz's of sea foam to 6 gallons of gas. Thanks:cool2:.