Ftpeck Lake

Discussion in 'MONTANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by FtpeckTim, Mar 28, 2008.

1. FtpeckTim

FtpeckTim New Member

State:
    Montana
    Anyone on here fishing FtPeck lake ?

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC from kentucky im sure someone on here can help you out

3. Alfred Cuykendall

Alfred Cuykendall New Member

State:
    Montana
    As it turns out, I fished it last weekend. no pictures, but caught two cats (one channel and one really dark?) in the 6 pound range and three more smaller eaters.

I am told that if the musselshell floods it is really good near the mouth. did not happen while I was there. but someday it might.

4. doublehaul

doublehaul New Member

State:
    Wyoming
    I fished fort peck all the time back when I lived there. The cattin' is pretty darn good around those parts.

5. PuterrMike

PuterrMike New Member

State:
    Mohntana
    Years ago, Jaque Cousteau went there with a crew. They found fish bigger than the divers. The pics that I seen of these huge fish were mostly in the caverns down there, and one chased a diver out of the water. So I am taking no chances of swimming there anytime soon. This has been 15 yrs since I last been there, and still skeered... like watchin the movie Jaws back in 75 hell, i never went swimmin in the ocean since LOL!

6. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Tell ya what... cruise this site a bit and look at some of the cats BOC members are catching lol some guys prolly use divers for bait!

7. doublehaul

doublehaul New Member

State:
    Wyoming
    Hey putermike-

Were those underwater pics you found of the cousteau dive. If you have any info on that expedition please PM me.

8. PuterrMike

PuterrMike New Member

State:
    Mohntana
    Yep, seen them Uncle Bill.. thems are bigguns!
    Fishing here now would be great.. temp is around 60 and overcast. Flyfishing would be best about now. Spinners maybe.
    And as far as the pics I had,of the Cousteau thing at Ft Peck.. they got lost when my main computer took a big poopie, along with some programs I have to buy another liscense for. Gotta love Norton... NOT. Hard drive hog like netscape browsers, and resource hog.

Did you all see the Huge Grouper found.. they are calling it a new species, grows up to six feet long and thousand pounds. 5 rows of teeth.. gads, if my ex had those teeth I would be shredded and not be making this post LOL
    you can see the artical here..http://http://www.livescience.com/animals/080821-goliath-grouper.html

9. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey Mike, if you didnt know,, it's okay to post a live link on this forum.