Ft. Wayne Reservoir drained

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by river scum, Oct 15, 2006.

1. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    for guys that fish cedarvill res. they are letting the water out to do dam repairs tomorrow 16th. good time to look things over all! ill get some pics for sure.

tight lines all

2. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    When they drain Freeman and Shafer I usally get some nice cats!
    Bill

3. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    River Scum:

How long is Cedarville going to be down? Couple days, weeks, months?

4. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I would guess at least a couple weeks for dam repairs, and they might leave it down for the winter to leave room for spring rains. those are both just guesses though.

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    till the end of the month geekster. i took about 25 pics from shore today. will get more from the boat in a few days,buddy.

6. dusky

dusky Member

State:
    indiana
    I went out there last night and it was neat to see. I was at the dam and hundreds and hundreds of crawdads were crawling out of the riprap. The water dropped significantly while I was there, and I saw hundreds of carp scurry off the flat into the channel. Never seen the water so silty in the st. joe. How many fish were sucked through the gates, I wonder? There were no dead fish on the flats where I walked. The fish downstream probably had a feast of a lifetime. My brother caught nine cats upstream at some inlet to the channel, but neither of us caught a thing at the dam.

7. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I bet it is neat to see. Some of you guys that live around it need to go sink some brushpiles out there while it's dry and make yourselves some crappie attractants!!!

8. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    glad to hear you guys got some fish, dusky. im going out tonight in the boat to take pics up river. if anyone wants to see them PM me with your requested area and e-mail.

skimax, there are plenty of brush piles and jambs the way it is bro. but i supose a few more wouldnt hurt. lol it is a great crappie water with fish up to 18-19 in.

tight lines all!