Ft Washington

Discussion in 'MARYLAND RIVER TALK' started by MrFlathead, May 18, 2009.

1. MrFlathead

MrFlathead New Member

State:
    Il
    I went to Ft. Washington and caught several channels and a few small blues BUT it was a great place for the kids to play in the sticks and rocks and me not have to worry about them drowning. I do reccomend this place to you if you have your kids with ya. I know there are big ones in there and the bite wasnt to slow honestly. The only thing that was aggravating was the crap in the water that kept getting on my line.

Any other places you can reccomend i need a bank for kids to play safely and clean unpolluted water so I can eat the fish, looking for Bluecat and Channel spots I have my flathead spot that I wont cheat on. I am stationed at Ft Meade and the closer the better due to gas prices.

2. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Glad you found the fort ok. The blues are spawning right now, so the bite will be off there. Far as the trash, it's just part of that spot, but it does produce some big fish at times. With the warmer temps coming the Hyfrilla will be getting bad on the lower potomac. But it is fishable. Maybe try a slip bobber setup to get the bait up off the bottm from the grass. only a suggestion.

There is a couple reservoirs around the area. maybe get on Md. DNR Website and search there. Patuxent river is another option to look into might find some decent bank spots there, but I'm not familiar to much with it.