Ft. Loudon

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Knoxcats, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Knoxcats

Knoxcats New Member

State:
    Knoxville, TN
    No catfishing news to speak of, but I do have some exciting news!

Last week, I finally sold my 2005 16DLX Carolina Skiff to a couple in South Carolina. That cleared the way to order the new boat! A Carolina Skiff 198DLV. She has the new-style hull, 19' long, with a 96" beam! Power will be a Suzuki DF90 four stroke. Boat is rated for 11 people, which means me, a couple of fishing partners, and a whole lot of catfish!

The boat has arrived at the dealer in North Carolina, and I'm susposed to pick it up on April 12th! Needless to say I'm a bit excited.

The dealer sent me a few pictures of the boat, but I'll wait until I get her home to post some.

2. keithcatfish

keithcatfish New Member

State:
    Maryville, TN
    Sounds like a fine catfishing boat. I've catfished on Loudon a few times lately but have not caught many fish and all were small (<10 lbs). I think the water needs to warm just a few more degrees to get the shad and cats moving shallow. Then it should be easy pickins.

3. Knoxcats

Knoxcats New Member

State:
    Knoxville, TN
    Any updates on Ft. Loudon catfishing? I haven't had a chance to go lately between work and weather. Let's hear the news....

4. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    i didnt get to make it out with my buddies ther other day,but they went after work and caught 3 nice blues over 34 in(cpr) ...they werent having any luck with anything but bait peckers till they clipped on a float and went for em suspended ,then they said they started reelin em in

5. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    forgot to mention,they caught em all at parks ferry bend :):0a23: :wink:

6. Knoxcats

Knoxcats New Member

State:
    Knoxville, TN
    Great to hear of your success. Sometimes when I'm drift fishing, I'll just let out 25' to 30' of line...might be in 40' to 50' of water. Catch a lot of fish in the lower one-half to one-third of the water column.

I've still got to put rod holders and a few little things on the new boat. Waiting for the checkbook to recover a bit from the boat purchase. Can't wait to get her fully rigged and ready for business.

7. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    i gotta work in the morning ,but as soon as they let us monkeys loose, im headin out to the water and try my luck out on a few kitty's .....gonna hit the bend between georges creek and louisville point park........have gotten several flatties from that area in the past,,,,hopefully i can hook up with a couple :0a22:

8. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    im not sure where the places are that you guys are fishing . but i have been pulling up some very nice cats in 3 ft of water. and they are all full of eggs . i think its going to be a good few weeks for me " I Hope "