Ft. Loudon success

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by keithcatfish, Oct 17, 2006.

1. keithcatfish

keithcatfish New Member

State:
    Maryville, TN
    Falling water temperatures have finally put blues and flats on their fall feeding frenzy. I've been catching good cats at the mouth of Poland Creek lately. Most fish are coming out of deep (35-50 ft.) water on fresh shad fillets.

2. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Hey Keith, thanks for letting us know the fishing has picked up. Glad to see you out there haveing a ball and catching a bunch.

3. drc3

drc3 New Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    Thanks for the report Keith. Iv'e been getting the blues on big flats with wood cover lately, my deep holes have been empty. I think the Chickamauga blues are scattered and roaming right now, but with the cooling water they should be easier to locate in numbers soon. Were you fishing the lake or the tailwaters? What was the water temp? I went below WattsBar dam yesterday looking for the big rock fish but only found skipjack and small (2-4lb)stripes and hybrids, water temp was 68.

4. keithcatfish

keithcatfish New Member

State:
    Maryville, TN
    DRC3,

Water temp has been 67-69. I'm fishing the main body of the lake near Friendsville. My fish have been deep (40 ish feet) but are not coming out of the deepest holes in that area of the lake (60+). Schools of shad seem to be moving out of the main body of the lake into the tributary creeks. The cats patrol the creek mouths to ambush the incoming schools.

5. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Does anyone fish clarksville area for flats I have always fished for blues and my biggest falt is five lbs. Is there really that much diference in the structure your fishing for flats?