Ft. Loudon blue catfish

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by FAT_CAT, Mar 26, 2007.

1. FAT_CAT

FAT_CAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    my father and i checked out ft. loudon saturday for the first time. we had all but given up hope using cut skips until my dad's clicker started screaming. turned out to be a 45 lb. blue. that was the only fish of the night, but we had a few decent bites. the stripers are tearing up the area by the dam, and you can almost get to where they are feeding from the rocks.

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Where is fort loundon? I am always up for a new body of water to try.

3. catfish101

catfish101 New Member

State:
    nc
    lake or tailrace
    thank you richard

4. FAT_CAT

FAT_CAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    ft. loudon is off of i-75 about 15-20 miles south of knoxville. it is a nearly identical, smaller scale of watts bar. i was fishing on, well, the watts bar impoundment side of the dam, as close to the turbines as i could get....i've never seen so many stripers in my life, and that big too. i'm gonna bring some calcutta swim shad up there soon and give them a try, but i'm sure cut bait would work too.

5. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sounds like a drag peelin time

6. Ricky Dills

Ricky Dills New Member

State:
    Corryton, Tenne
    we will fish loudan in the morning at the dam in lenoir cty

7. Ricky Dills

Ricky Dills New Member

State:
    Corryton, Tenne
    Hi chris we do well on the tenn. river too i have never fished the cumberland river looks good :eek:oooh:

8. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    in on vacation starting tommorrow ............the boss lady has to work tommorrow but after that she will be off and we will be on the lake as long as the weather holds.......going to take my uncle out on loudon in the morning to see if i can hook him up with a decent cat or 2 ....gonna put in at the ish creek ramp in the am and try for a lil bait then mosey on down in the pontoon boat to unitia for a try at the cats then back upto poland creek and onward..lol......till we hit a good run of cats anyhow ...

9. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    not much went on early this morning out on the lake as far as cats go,but around noon the bite started picking up,by the time they started biteing good i was wore out ,let my uncle catch a couple of 5lb blues then just rode the water for a while

10. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    went out on loudon friday after work .got on the water by 4.00 and stayed till 5.00 am sat. morning . couldnt even buy a bite ......first time in a long time ive went out and gotten skunked all night long on loudon.