ft gibson( tailrace )

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CHANCE_LIVEWIRE, Apr 27, 2008.

1. CHANCE_LIVEWIRE

CHANCE_LIVEWIRE New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    SPENT ALL DAY AT FT GIBSON DAM, WAS A BEAUTIFUL DAY, THE BLUES ARE STARTING TO MOVE IN, I SAW SEVERAL TEENAGERS PULLED IN 13 TO 19 POUNDS, AND A BUNCH OF 10 AND UNDERS, THERE WAY OUT TO THE SLANT WALL AND IN THE TURBINES, CORK FISHERMEN WERE DOING THE BEST IN THE TURBINES, WHEN THEY COULD GET IT TO DRAW IN. THE REST OF US WERE BOTTOM BOUNCING SHAD AND FINDING EVERY POSSIBLE ROCK PILE OUT THERE. ALL IN ALL WAS A AWSOME DAY TO BE OUT, WHEN THE SUN WENT DOWN THE SPOONBILLERS HIT THE JACKPOT, IT WASNT UNCOMMON TO SEE 3 TO 4 RODS AT A TIME BEING BENT OVER DOUBLE. AND THE BILLS WERE A LITTLE BIGGER THIS WEEKEND, I SEEN SEVERAL 30 TO 50 POUNDERS COME OUT.MY BOYS BETWEEN THE 2 OF THEM COUGHT SEVERAL A PIECE, AND RELEASED.

AND SHAD WERE PLENTY THEY HAD THE WALL BLACK ALL DAY. PERFECT SIZE TOO.
    DIDNT SEE MANY CRAPPIE FISHERMEN AND WHAT I DID SEE WASNT DOING ANY GOOD. AND I DIDNT SEE A SANDBASS ALL DAY LONG PERIOD. SOMEONE SAID THEY WERE CATCHING THEM ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE DAM.FRIDAY.
    AND IN GOOD NUMBERS. PS ALL GATES AND TURBINES WERE RUNNING.
    AND THE LITTLE RESTAURANT IN THE DAM PARKING LOT HAS AN AWSOME DOUBLE MEAT CHEESEBURGER,AND TATER TOTS.AND DRINK FOR LIKE 4:50

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks for the report John, and a big welcome from Missouri.