Ft Gibson Lake

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Dirtdobber, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    We have been camped here since Sunday evening. Lake has dropped about 18" since we have got here. Fished Sunday evening got 5 keepers. Blues and channels about 2-4 lbs. Fished today and got 10 keepers. Caught a lot of dinks. Had to get every thing put up, we have sever thunderstorms come through. Last time we were here a storm came through and caused a lot of damage to out travel trailer.
    All of the catfish I have caught look like they haven't eaten in a month. With all the shad you would think they would be pot bellied.

2. Quackshutr

Quackshutr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma, Collinsville
    Where are you camped?
    It's raining like crazy over here in Tulsa area!

Q

3. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    We are at Wildwood and it is rough here now. Got two line on my boat and sitll turned it sideways.May have to find a hidey hole.

4. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    Well the rain has slacked off and I got my boat back straight. First time I have seen waves that big on Ft Gibson. They were breaking over the back of my pontoon. I hope the lake doesn't come up very much. I would like to stay all week.

5. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    Lake still rising. Didn't get to fish today hope to start early in the morning. If the lake comes up much more we will have to pull out,water will get over the road.

6. Southern Woman

Southern Woman New Member

State:
    Texas
    Don't put yourself in harms way..hope you catch some good ones..

7. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    Lake has stablized, shad every where, wind out of the west about 5 mph. Caught 5 eaters this morning. Brings the total to 20 since Sunday evening. Blues and channels 2-8 Lbs. I would catch more if I fished harder but I'm enjoying sitting out side with the wife. She is feeling some better.

8. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    Had 5 this morning 3-6 Lbs. First time I have caught more and bigger channels than Blues. All of the bigger fish have been channels, which is good because I want them to eat. It has been slow this afternoon, maybe it will pick up later.

9. fishinphenom

fishinphenom New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Sounds like ur gonna be having a fish fry soon.. lol

how are you staying connected out there.. do you use an aircard? or do the campsites have wireless internet?