Frustrations

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by JRicker, Jun 3, 2008.

1. JRicker

JRicker New Member

State:
    Tenessee
    Does anyone else get frustrated when they cant catch anything? This has been a horrible fishing year for me. I am missing hook sets for some reason. Maybe Im rusty:sad2: It has me frustrated to no end.......:angry:

2. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    We all have had those dry spells......I lost 2 poles in one week and still couldnt catch a fish...

Keep at em, it will clear up soon

3. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    some years are great some are not sometimes its a waiting game sometimes you just cant go wrong its part of the game thats why i fish its a sport if we caught big ones every time it wouldnt be as fun i think

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    It happens to everyone at some point. Just keep trying different things to kill the time. I would also recommend kahle hooks, they might help your hookups. This is the exact reason why cat fishin isnt for everybody.

5. RiverGulfFshr

RiverGulfFshr New Member

State:
    NW Florida
    It's not just catfishing, its all kinds of fishing. I fish the bays on the Gulf Coast alot of Trout and Redfish. The other day I hooked 6 nice Trout and 1 good Redfish and didnt put one fish in the boat, lost them all. So some day's are good one while others are just fishing day's.

6. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I don't know which is worse...not catching fish or not being able to go fishing!:sad2:

I've got a bunch of new jugs, new line on my reels, new hooks, and bait in the freezer...but, so far this year I haven't been able to wet a hook!

Sob! I'm thinking about taking up knitting!!:confused2::confused2:

7. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    hey it happens to everyone at some point in time. just keep at it and it will come together. in my hook box, i have some blue size 4 sproat worm hooks. i got them for .02 a pckage, and i use them and tru turns when kahles and circles are coming up short. you can also downsize hooks sometimes and that will help. regardless of what you do, just keep it up!

hey bill, while you're at it, can you knit me a wool cap for this winter? :big_smile:

8. JRicker

JRicker New Member

State:
    Tenessee
    looks as though my catfishing is near and end.my wife got a 3rd shift job and she starts tonight so i will be staying home with the kids :cry:

9. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    We all have them days some days the fishing are bitting good and your catching them then other days your lucky if you get a bite, one thing that has helped me though when im catfishing is using circle hooks, I havent missed as many cats as I use to.

10. JRicker

JRicker New Member

State:
    Tenessee
    :smile2:The wifes new job may not hinder me very much. Sure I wont get to stay out fishing till 3am or dawn but i can fish from when she wakes up till she has to leave at midnight. She will be supplying bait for me since she is on the 3rd shift clean up crew at the local chicken deboning plant. Im going to line her pockets with foil and make her bring home the scraps off the floor

11. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Yeah! I believe we all have those days of not catching fish and being frustrated. Using the wrong bait, wrong hook, fishing in the wrong area, wrong depth, weather conditions, water quality are many hinders that we as fisherman have to deal with! I experiment with bait and different locations to find the fish. Sometimes I catch them and sometimes I come home skunked. I like to keep a journal on my fishing experiences. Like for instance, how many fish I caught on that day, what kind of fish, bait or lure used, water temp, weather conditions and what time of day I caught them. It sure helps me from year to year what to expect, the type of fishing during the seasons of the year. Of course every new year is different, but I can assure you when I believe the time is right I'll be ready!!

Anyhow that's why it's called FISHING and not CATCHING!! RIGHT?:wink:

Mark..

12. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    Hey don't worry about the fishing John, it'll turn around. wtg on keeping that woman working:wink:

13. JRicker

JRicker New Member

State:
    Tenessee
    gotta keep her working she wont do anything else :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: