frustration over?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ncfowler, Nov 21, 2009.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    I have been seeing this buck since black power season, each time I had a chance to get a bead on it something went wrong, bad shot, even worst shot, missed totally killed a tree, by miss judging on my part, it took three weeks to get it but it was well worth the wait, well no it was more frustrating than anything, Today it came strolling into my kill zone form a different path that it usually took every time I saw it. today I almost missed it and only saw it when I saw it shake off the morning dew, Got to love a 7 mag, it made short work of it, it dressed out around 200 lbs. according to my game scale, Tomorrow I will be finishing it off by making hamburger, sausage, and maybe some cube meat for stew, I took the pic with my cell phone so sorry for the poor quality.

Attached Files:

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats Jeff, that's a nice Buck. Glad for ya Brother!!:big_smile:

3. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    that is one nice buck, great job!!!

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats Jeff on a good kill. Nice buck. WTG.

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Jeff congrads on getting that buck ,it looks to be a nice one

6. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    nice buck jeff.congrats

7. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Nice buck, I probably haven't shot one 200 lbs before it was dressed. Nice rack on it too.

8. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
  9. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    nice buck congrats

10. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    funny story here, after I shot the buck my son got on the radio and asked if he needed tome down form his stand and help, I said no I got it keep hunting in case another deer shows up. After I got it dressed I hooked it to my restrain harness and dragged up the hill to his stand, He said it looked as big as his deer was, ( his was around 125 dressed) he got down form his stand and we got ready to leave, He asked if he could drag it to the truck, He saw me dragging this thing up a hill like there was nothing behind me, so I hooked to his harness and he took one step and stop dead in his tracks, that was the longest walk to the truck about every 25yds he had to stop and take his breath, Now my son is not much smaller than me and he is ROTC, He saw me drag deer out of the woods all the time, now he sees the old man still has it in him, You should have seen him dress out his first deer two weeks ago that was a you-tube moment.

11. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thats a nice looking deer. Congrats man