Frustrating to see

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bigmaac73, Jul 6, 2008.

1. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    You know I was out on the river this weekend and was not doing any good when I decided to pull out and pack it up. About the same time a set-liner was pulling in and had a nice array of flatties littering the bottom of his boat. In the conversation I learned that he had baited his limb lines with illegal bait. That really burns me up. I go out and struggle to find fish and get them in the boat because I am not willing to break the law. When I told him that it was illegal to use live bream on limb/trot lines he just laughed and was like, Been doin it that way for years, and noone is gonna tell me to stop. Besides, haven't been caught yet. What do you guys think?

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I think ya should have got his license plate #'s and description and turn his arse in. Its the only way these jerks will learn when all there gear is grabbed and they get a heavy fine. :angry:

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    turn him in.:wink:

4. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Justin,

I told you them limb liners where wearing the flatheads out. It sucks that some are doing it illegal. Yeah can't use brim or bass and used to state cut jackfish/pickerel as well.

Were you down at the yella? It wasn't the fella with the 4 huge spotlights mounted across his back bar on the boat was it?

All you can do is try and educate and if he acted like an arse, get his info and have the game warden's trail him for a few days.

And the bad thing is, the yella is heavily limb lined, wonder how many are doing it legally?

5. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    If people can't play by the rules, they shouldn't be allowed to play at all. IMHO, folks should get 3 chances - 1st offense - loose your fishing license for a month, 2nd offense - loose your fishing license for a year, 3rd offense - get your butt thrown in jail. These idiots ruin it for the rest of us.

6. Tyme2fish

Tyme2fish New Member

State:
    Greenville,Indi
    Let's remove the three strike rule. He should be fined and all tackle etc. confiscated.:angry:

7. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    MSgt Catfish, the boat did not have any spotlights on it(I take it you know that guy, lol) it was just a little piece like mine. It just really gets to me to see that kind of thing. If I see him again I will try and get the boat reg # and report it. He is stealing my fish!!

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I think the vast ammount of the human race needs to put outa my misery.:angry:

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    what was the illegal bait

10. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    here in florida you are not allowed to use any kind of live or cut panfish on your limb/trot lines. He was using big live bluegill.

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Justin,

This kind of crap happens all over the US not just around your area. Man (humans) themselves is what is destroying the natural resources.

12. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Justin, I can tell you one that is worse then that . Out where I fish on the California Aqueduct. every time I go out their I see these people from old mexico, out their fishing. I know they don't have a license, because when you ask to see their license, they can't speak english and in California you are suppose to have your license pined to you so it is visible to see. and All they bring with them is a role of cheep 20# test line, some hooks, sinkers, and plenty of bear and trash. They will have hand lines set up and down the aqueduct for a half a mile in each direction. They tye them of to any thing they can find that will hold a fish. and when they go home they just leave the lines and trash and just walk off. In California you are aloud to have one pole are one hand line with no more then two hooks on it "unless you buy a two pole stamp for a noter ten bucks" and you have to stay close enough to tend your hooks. what makes me so mad. I called the fish and game report number on my license and the lady that answered took all the information and said she would give my number to the officer in my area and he would give me a call. well that has been two weeks and I never got a call from anyone. These people Come to our country Don't abide by our laws. and make a mockery out of every thing our country stands for . I don't want this to sound like racist Post, but some one needs to do something. and no one around hear will. not even our law.

13. Redneck1

Redneck1 Guest

Looks like to me, you can worry about his bait choice, or get you some live bream and start catching some flatheads. There's no way I'd turn him in, it may be against the law, but so is driving 60 in a 55. I think you have to look at the severity of the crime.

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    in a way i agree. i may have said turn him in but i was just giving him the answer he was looking for,lol. i have no problems with a guy catching fish. had he been running illegal hoop nets dragging in hundreds ya. but i dont get that picky on folks just catching fish.

flatheads eat live fish. and if illinois outlawed live fish i may still use them. or baby rabbits lol. thats like saying you can bass fish but no lures:crazy::smile2:

15. Jaylake_21

Jaylake_21 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have always been told, "what goes around comes around." And yes, he may have been doing that for years, and hasnt got caught yet, but eventually he will. And when he does, i hope he tells the Game Wardens that he has been doing it for years..

You might not have caught anything, but I would rather fail at doing something the HONEST & LEGAL WAY.

16. Guns & Cockpits

Guns & Cockpits New Member

State:
    California
    I tend to agree. While I don't use illegal baits or illegal manners of fishing (hell, EVERYTHING is illegal in CA), I have a hard time with understanding why it is that the DFG and state legislators get to tell me what I can and can not fish and hunt with. I'll never argue with paying for my license because I know a lot of that money goes towards land and wildlife conservation, but I just don't see what gives them the right.

17. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Fixing that problem is really pretty simple.

Visit http://www.fwoa.org/links.html and find the number for your state's "Operation Game Thief" hotline and program it into your cell phone.

Get a description of the individual, his boat (with the state license number if you can get it), his vehicle and anything else relevant, dial the number and let the authorities take it from there. Maybe he'll get caught, maybe not, but at least you've done your part.

All you folks who want to take a "live and let live" attitude are just cutting your own throats -- you all want to catch lots of big catfish and yet you'll stand by and watch some hick with no sense of morality as he ravages your lakes and rivers.

I'll dial the number and turn someone in in a heartbeat. I play by the rules and expect everyone else to do the same.

18. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i guess the real question is were they overharvesting because if they were:angry: maybe you can talk to someone about making live bait leagle in your aera :wink:

19. Tyme2fish

Tyme2fish New Member

State:
    Greenville,Indi
    Thanks for the phone number link. I'm entering them into my cell phone now.

20. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    That number should be on your fishing license. I no it is on mine.