Frozen Skipjack

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by alton, Jul 23, 2007.

1. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I know when the skipjack are around, you have to cash in. That means the majority must be frozen for later use. I would like to knows how to make the bait more attractive when used after freezing. I guess I am trying to ask if there is anything you can soak them in or inject into them to make them seem as fresh as possible. Thanks

2. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Dave,
    All I do is vacuum pack them and they seem to be as fresh as when they are caught.

I usually pack two in a bag.Depending on the size and how many you will need at a particular time.....I know that works for me

3. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I also just vacuum seal. I like to make bags of one,two,three and fours. for I never know how the fishing is going to go or how many people go with me. I do not like to refreeze so I like to take little as possable. can always run back to the house for more if needed or keep an extra pack on ice so it dont thaw unless i need it.

4. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I think it has plenty of scent, I have caught fish on frozen skippy's, it works fine for me! As a matter of fact, I caught one yesterday that weighed 38 #s on skipjack that had been frozen!

5. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thats all I have ever used is frozen I have never had the chance to use unfrozen fresh skip.