Frozen perch

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Flightline, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Flightline

Flightline New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I took the kids perch fishing last weekend and they caught several and had a good time. My question is could I freeze them and use for bait on juglines?

2. MOCatdaddy

MOCatdaddy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yes to both questions. :wink:

3. Flightline

Flightline New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks I'm going to give it try next time. :big_smile:

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Next time ... fillet them out with the skin on, and then chunk the fillets to the size that you will use on the jug line... dont have to cut em later, and there ready to go...

5. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    Maybe its just me, but it seems like frozen doesn't work out as well for me. I can't remember the last one I caught on frozen perch. Anyone else?

6. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    frozen bait can be very productive. I freeze skips and shad and they both work well. good luck

7. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Terrible idea, especially if you scale the fish also.
    Pot of boiling water with some Zatarains shrimp and crab boil mix. Drop the bluegill pieces in for about 4-5 minutes. And you won't have anything left for the catfish.
    This is great for fish tacos.

:004:

8. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I cant say about them for jug fishing but we use white perch here a lot on r/r. Its a main bait to have for a serious trip. Frozen works great, we use it all the time. Now of course anything fresh would have a advantage, but frozen does work. Perch are pretty tough skinned too, I would imagine that they would stay on a jug hook pretty good.