Frozen perch - Oopsidaisy...

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by youngun, Sep 17, 2006.

1. youngun

youngun New Member

State:
    tennessee
    well you see, I caught a whole lot of little perch yesterday and Tried to keep them alive but fot what ever reason thay all died. So me being the smart one I said to my self, "Self, if you put the fish in salt water, they won't freeze when you put them in the freezer." Well, the water did not freeze, but the fish did. Did I screw up all my bait? You know will the meat still be mushy?

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You have posted an excellent question one which I too would like to know the answer.Thank you for asking.Walk in peace my brother-----Pat:smile2:

3. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    great question.this i would also like to no.thx.

4. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    not sure about this but i use to put salt in the bag with herring that i had left over to use for chum. i was told that the salt will draw the water out off the bait to keep it from getting soggy. take the bait out of the bag of water and put it in a empty bag and put it on ice. you want it to stay cool while it thaws and it should be ok.

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

It should help keep the fish from turning soggy but I have only used it on shad and mullet with brine salt

6. youngun

youngun New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Well, I guess I'll just have to try them and find out. Thanks for the help guys/gals.