froze out

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by river scum, Dec 10, 2009.

1. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    man this winter hit all the sudden! the ramps are frozen and i cant get out:cry: i though it mite warm up just enough to launch, one more time, but no temps warmer than 27 in the ten day:cry: guess ill take the motor off my boat:cry: put the big rods up on the rack:cry: the up side is i will be on the ice by the weekend maybe. look out pike gills n bass here i come.lol

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  2. bream reaper

bream reaper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It sure came on quick. 8 degrees now, won't take long for hard water to get here.

3. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    im gonna have to try that ice fishin

4. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I've never tried ice fishing, but they say that in MN that they use a kero. heater to heat their ice houses with & fish in t-shirts. :cool2:

5. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I fish in t-shirts in southdskota...in a ice hut with a kerosene heater and a pucket to sit on:big_smile::eek:oooh:...in iowa i just sit on the ice since it dont last long any way...because i dont catch fishing around were it live:sad2::sad2::sad2::confused2:

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    We'll be thinkin' about ya (briefly) whilst we drift the mighty Santee, or fish the big Southern rivers and bays. :wink::smile2::wink:

Bill in SC

7. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I don't catch very many either. :sad2: :embarassed: :crazy: :angry:

8. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    im hopin it gets cold enough down here in southern indiana to do some ice-fishin again this year. Last year we got to do alittle for the first time in awhile and its a blast.

9. slikwiska

slikwiska New Member

State:
    northern IN
    As soon as I finish my coffee I am heading out. Should be about three inches in a couple spots up here in the northern part of the state. Spent all day yesterday getting my gear ready....ITS GO TIME

10. Lil Chuck

Lil Chuck New Member

State:
    in
    that would be cool i have never ice fished. is it hard to sit and wait for the fish. my cousin said that sometimes you find a place that has lots of fish and you catch them all day long

11. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Shoot Tim! I was thinkin' that you would just tilt the motor all the way up & slide the boat down the ice right into the water...and worry about how to get it out after you caught a few 40s!:wink:

12. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Aaron my boat is about back together will be ready to hit the water before long.