Froze on Smith Mountain Lake...

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Kev-Man, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Kev-Man

Kev-Man Guest

I froze on SML last night, but it was well worth it. Those catfish were hitting hard. I took multipule baits. I got 2 poles in the water and was setting up my third and WHAM... it was on from there on out. It was worms they were after most. I got a pretty good Flathead out of the night.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Those cold nights sure feel a whole lot better when you're catching fish.:confused2::smile2:
    Congrats on a good night!:cool2:

3. O2Bfishing

O2Bfishing New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    great job fella, saw the pics in the other thread, you gotta love those golden channels !! take a fat girl fishing and she will keep ya warm, how much snow do you all get on smith mountain ?

4. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Welcome to the BOC, Kevin!

5. Kev-Man

Kev-Man Guest

I'm most always up for a good fishin' trip. Got to try and figure a night for it. Let me know what times are best for you and I'll get back to on it.
    Have a good one.
    Kev-Man

6. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    welcome to the BOC Kevin!
    Used to fish that lake years ago when I lived in Va. Cold is right.
    Ever try south holston or watauga lakes?

7. Kev-Man

Kev-Man Guest

No, can't say as I have. I can't say as I know where either of those are at.hahaha... Thanks for the welcome.

8. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I live about 45 minutes from SML and we haven't gotten a good snow in a few years now. I was deer hunting this afternoon and it was 70 degrees.
    Chip

9. Kev-Man

Kev-Man Guest

I know what you mean Chip. It's got cold a few times,but no snow. Weird, fight? I don't deer hunt anymore, but the Turkey sure do need to be careful around me. I've all ready made plans for another night of fishin' at SML, I looked at the forecast and they say 26 for a low ( brrrrrrrr ), but I'm hooked, what can I say. You know I've found it's all about location when you go catfishing on SML and I know where a really good one is at. I go to other spots when I feel I might be over fishing an area. I know, that sounds a little strang, but it's a feeling I get and I've learned those can be valuable at times. Maybe we could hook up sometime and discuss these areas on SML and learn a thing or two from one another?
    Have a good one...

10. O2Bfishing

O2Bfishing New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    over my way too, 71* we could have had turkey outdoors at the picnic table. Now today ~~~~~~~ 44* :eek:oooh:

11. th1

th1 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    any tips on catfishing in winter months on south holston lake and boone lake?

12. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    kev-man,hey man catch about 10 of those channel's your catching and we'll go to buggs and catch some BIG BLUES with them 1bigblue:cool2:

13. Kev-Man

Kev-Man Guest

Are you serious about catching blues with those channels ?! Those channels were like 12 to 16 inches and one was like 18 inches. You use bait that size at Buggs ? We gotta go then. I can catch those channels all day long over in one of my holes. I'll set up the kiddie pool and keep them alive. You let me know when you can go and it's on.

14. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    There are all kinds of help here at the BOC. Welcome aboard.

15. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    hey flathead,how have you been doing?haven't heard from you in a while 1bigblue:cool2:

16. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hey Blue. It's hunting season! I've been here almost everyday but I've been hanging out in the hunting section, High Intensity forums, and General Conversation forums. I noticed that a lot of folks, the newer folks, here haven't been to those forums yet. Sometimes it's nice to talk about things other than fishing. It's a good way to get to know people and let them get to know you.