Frost comin tonight, should i put out my jugs?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by xposedguts, Oct 12, 2007.

1. xposedguts

xposedguts New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I want to throw out some jugs tonight but frost is coming. Will they still be bitein? I know they bite in the fall but do they in weather of the 30's? (goin for channels, bulls, or flatheads)

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Fish do eat year round. They may slow down, but they will still feed. If the water has cooled off considerably, you may have to look for the deeper holes. It is still tee shirt weather here... actually got to sweating while fishing today...wasn't from all the exercise either.

3. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Dan, where at in Illinois are you? Here in the southern part of the state, you can catch them pretty much year round. It might be a slow bite in the morning, but you should do fine once the water warms up.

4. xposedguts

xposedguts New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Im in Will County, like an hour south of Chicago, our nights are getin in the 30's, and days in 50's and 60's

5. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    yeah. put them up and grab a rod and reel!

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I'd think that it would be more a matter of what the water temperature is. Granted, freezing weather will cool the water down some, especially the shallows, a couple of nights of it shouldn't have that much effect on the deeper water. I understand, though, that y'all have completely different water up there from what we have here in Arkansas. Ice? I used to think that only came in cubes, but 5 years in Montana taught me better.
    Do you have blues that far north? I've heard of them being caught in water that was down in the 40s.

7. xposedguts

xposedguts New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yea theres blues in big lakes and stuff around here, not in the river i fish though. Anyway the water temp cooled down alot and didnt get anything on my jugs all night