Front moving in

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by bigheck, Apr 30, 2008.

1. bigheck

bigheck New Member

State:
    kansas
    You guys think that this cold front moving in will mess up the cats this weekend?

2. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    says the man who pulls a 19 lber out when nobody else is catchin anything. will it really matter to ya ?? :wink::smile2:

3. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    It always does. This spring , and last have been screwed up. Last year I missed the crappie spawn altogether, Ill probably miss it this year also. Good thing the cats bite all summer , or Id really be pissed. :cool2:

4. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    well i just hope that its warmer than 50 like the news channel said

5. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I thought you liked cold fronts Heck.

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I wouldnt think that the cold front should mess up the fishing, I have caught some cats when it was colder the same as when it was warm it shouldnt make the difference but good luck this weekend and keep us posted on how you do.

7. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    They took the rain out of the forecast for tomorrow so maybe we'll get
    lucky this weekend. One thing is sure, you got to have a line in the water
    to catch cats. I wish I had rain gear!! I would be fishing more often and
    healthier for the effort whether the catfish showed up at all.

8. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Michael, I've got an old Squad Tent from when I was in the Army, I think it would cover most of you anyway:roll_eyes::smile2:, you more than welcome to use it.

9. Kansasgoose

Kansasgoose New Member

State:
    Hoyt, kansas
    this spring has been just one front after another. Its either 35 degrees, or the wind is blowing 35 MPH. I havnt heard of anyone doing very well fishing this spring. I dont really think it will shut down the fishing, since it hasnt really gotten going yet.

10. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    I can echo what you're saying exactly the water temp is way below where it would usually be this time of year.I am not accustomed to getting skunked but it's happened twice this spring. Usually I would hit the farm ponds to avoid this or go to the power plant lake but I haven't done that great in the ponds yet and the last 2 times I went to La Cygne the plant wasn't generating any power= no hot water=no fish to speak of.... That's usually a sure thing no matter how bad the weather gets. Of course it doesn't help any that it's 80 degrees on wed and thursday and cold every weekend.The wife and kids will be out of town so this is the weekend to fish 24/7. Probably start out crappie fishing at Hillsdale or Melvern this weekend. Might hit the mighty mo if I don't have any luck perch-jerkin.

11. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    just hope it doesnt drop the water temps they just got to where the flaties are bitting

12. Water Wolf

Water Wolf New Member

State:
    Colorado
  13. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    thats just the last thing we need here in kansas i would rather it rain like last year than snow or just be cold

14. Catfish Shawn

Catfish Shawn New Member

State:
    Carbondale, Kansas
    Well if the fishing isnt hot yet then I cant wait till it really starts rolling because me and bigheck have been on a roll at Osage. Some of the reports on the bigger lakes dont look as good.

15. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Shawn , what part of Osage have you guys been hittin them at?