Front coming through Sunday

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by tbull, Nov 30, 2007.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Be heading out sunday, looks to be a little warmer and wet. But the front will be coming through that evening, I wonder if this may switch the fish on, or just the opposite? Has anyone noticed being a toss up between the 2, just before or just after the front, or does the barometric pressure pay a bigger part? Or should I just shut up and find out myself??:eek:oooh:

2. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Tbull, Im waiting to see what Sunday looks like before I decide to either 1, go wading for winter smallies if sat nights rain doesnt muddy the waters, 2, take the boat out if the rain will hold off durring the day but as of now, Im seeing 90% chance of heavy showwers or 3, if we get rain and high water, will be shore fishing again for channels after the good success I had Wednesday afternoon.

Whatever the situation, i always got a plan ready just in case:wink:

Salmonid

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Since it will be a little warmer, I think we are gonna hit it up no matter what. I am expecting the rain, but oh well guess its time to break out the new rain suit...

4. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    we are going sunday too i hope , as far as the front goes ? it can go either way , good luck

5. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Good luck to you guys too bud.

6. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Tbull, are you going out in the boat on the Ohio? Im thinking about it, still waiting to see how "heavy" the rain are gonna be , right now there calling for 100% rain, some thunderstorms and "heavy at times" rain. We will be making a last minute decision. If we go, we will be launching downtown ( Cinci) most likely

Salmonid

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yea we will be on the boat, it looked like most of the heavy t-storms were later in the day but you know how accurate they are most of the time...lol. I think we are putting in at Tanners, wanted to try some different water. Its gonna be fairly mild so if it rains oh well. It would take a tsunami to keep me off the water, and thats pushing it. As long is there arent any lightning bolts or white caps we'll go for it.

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    im staying at home and enjoying the Buckeyes today!!! But, i will give credit when needed. you guys are as die-hard a me and a few others on here for fishing in this weather. hope you get some biguns!! and, i know....catfishrollo you can't catch em from the couch! lol but thats where im at today!! rollo:smile2:

9. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Me and Dinkbuster went out early this morning for about 3 hrs near Dayton on the GMR and hit 6-7 channels from 2-4 lbs, it drizzled and was pretty windy the whole time out, all taken on 3 ways, 4/0 circles and either frozen shad or skippies, I think he is gonna post the pics later tonight. The bite was very light and water was 37 degrees, had a tough time finding them but mud bottomed areas in 5-7 feet seems to be the best producing areas near deep wintering holes.
    Tbull, how did you do?? I been hitting Tanners lately and doing fair so Im curious how you did?

Salmonid

10. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Me and TBull went out today on the Ohio . Had a good time until the ride back to the ramp when we was taking the boat through 3 foot waves . I haven't been on the ohio when it was ever that choppy. We ended up catching 3 channels 3-5 lb about a 3lb flat that was really weird never seen one the color of it he was like a bright yellow\orange color and i managed to get my new PB blue 26 lbs i will see what i can do to get a couple pics off of my cell phone and post them up.

11. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Mark I sent you a PM. Yeah yesterday wassn't to productive, I am happy ProstreetS10 got his new Blue pb, it was a nice fish. But the river rared his ugly head yesterday, very uncomfortable situation yesterday. You always hear about guys being caught out there when it gets rough but can't understand until you have been there. I was mentally preparing myself that I was gonna have to swim to shore....:embarassed:. Anyway I am glad we got one nice fish and made it out safe. Did catch a flathead that was as yellow as a banana???Interesting thats for sure..

12. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    congrats josh on your blue, me and my uncle (kataddict) went out friday and saturday and put the boat in the big bend area and got our 2 biggest fish ever in the boat. 34lbr and a 50lbr. We stayed at a friends house in kentucky and he went with us saturday. We wanted him to get some action so we told him to get any pole that went down. pole went down and guess what. 50 pound blue in the boat. Kinda funny though when you think about it. My best blue is 31, kataddicts best is 34 and we take a friend out for his first trip out in years and he catches a 50 pound fish. Doesnt matter to me though. It was all worth it to see the look on dennys face when we got that fish in the boat. We will get our shot at the 50+ pound fish sometime or another. We will be posting the pictures later. My uncle has the camera and will post them soon. never imagined a bass fisherman could get so excited about catching a catfish but boy was he excited!!! If things go the way i think they might his bass boat will be for sale soon and he will be lookin for that catfish boat I keep buggin him to get. lol

13. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Heck yea man thats the kind of day I am talking about! I can't wait until we finally get into to some of those hawgs...We can't seem to bust 30 lbs for some reason. Our day is comin though ay Josh??:wink:

14. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Dude, I alway avoid the river when its windy, it gets down right dangerous even in a bigger boat and Ihave had the Pucker meter right up there a few times being caught in storms, heavy winds and a few other times. Alway be safe and go slow in the big rollers. I alway ssee guys blasting through them getting airborn and I just shake my head, life is dangerous enough with out adding to the stakes, I and whoever is with me, always wear the lifejacket while running on the Ohio no matter how calm it is and even more importantly now with the colder water.

Salmonid

15. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thats some good advice...we took it nice and slow, didn't have a choice. Either take it slow....or swim.

16. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    I was out there yesterday also. Only caught 4 a 10lb flat,12lb blue,7lb blue and a 4lb channel for the trifecta.:wink: All fish before noon.Afternoon lots of tap tap tap but no takers.Guess they were sauger as they picked on the bait. Only saw two other boats out all day.Water was 52-51 degrees.Wish i could of drifted but current was to strong for the way i like it.Rain moved in around 3:30-4:00 and headed for home.