From the shores!

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by benpsut, Aug 15, 2008.

1. benpsut

benpsut New Member

State:
    PA
    Hey guys, how's it goin. PRETTY new here, but I've been reading from time to time, and this site seems pretty helpful, so I ask for some help ;-) :) I don't have a boat or access to a boat, so all of my fishing life (Im 22, been fishing probably 20 years) is from the shore. I just recently got into river fishing, but have been fishing for cats in lakes and ponds for a while. I recently moved closer to the Mon around the Belle Vernon area, for the past few days I've been going to the Aquatorium in Monongahela and I like it but I'd like a change of scenery before colder weather rolls in (And vacation ends :-( ). Where are some good accessible places for cats that you would recommend along the river. I can go as far south as Brownsville up to Elizabeth and everywhere in between. thanks in advance :)

Ben

2. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Ben Welcome to the BOC.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I know nothing about your area, but......................

Welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good info and great people

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Ben. Someone should be along soon to help you out in that area.

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Welcome to the BOC!

Looks like you live on the opposite side of the state from me so I won't be able to help you.

98% of us EastSiders fish from the bank.

6. benpsut

benpsut New Member

State:
    PA
    THanks for the welcomes guys! :big_smile:

7. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Hey man, welcome to the BOC, its a great place to learn and share experiences! I used to go to Cal U (still do, although I will be student teaching this semester and will not be around) and have fished the mon almost exclusively for the past 3 years. There are PLENTY of good bank fishing spots, especially compared to around here on the allegheny. I could sit here and list all the places I have fished on the mon, but there are too many to list. My favorite place was the lock and dam at the end of charleroi (forget which it is) and also maxwell lock and dam in north brownsville, they both always seem to produce. Im gonna send you a PM and try and get you a list of the other places there are to go!

Mike

8. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

Good idea for the thread Ben.:cool2:

9. benpsut

benpsut New Member

State:
    PA
    Thanks guys! Hey Mike, I can't send PM's yet, not caring who see's my email its as_is80@hotmail.com

Ben

10. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Welcome. I too am on the other side of the state, so no help to you.
    Wish you good luck with your fishing.
    Larry