from the bank in guntersville

Discussion in 'ALABAMA RIVER TALK' started by dedawg1149, Jan 26, 2008.

1. dedawg1149

dedawg1149 New Member

State:
    alabama
    first i like to say hello to every one.i am new to alabama just moved here from florida can anyone recomend some places to fish from the bank around guntersville,any response would be nice

2. CATFISHERMAN001

CATFISHERMAN001 New Member

State:
    ALABAMA
    I have heard there is some good fishing up there on Guntersville lake. If you get down towards bham, give me a shout I can put you on some fish. What part of Fl are you from?

3. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    welcome to the boc !!!!!!!!!!

4. AlaCatter

AlaCatter New Member

State:
    alabama
    Welcome to the BOC. Here is a spot for ya. Go down to the dam on the Arab side(SOUTH). Drive all the way to the end to the boat ramp. There is a rock wing dam that goes out into the water on the upstream side of the boat ramp. Now is a great time to fish it because there is less boat traffic. Be ready to re-rig because you are going to break off on the boulders. Make sure they are going to be pumping water. Good Luck

5. dedawg1149

dedawg1149 New Member

State:
    alabama
    thank you i am from ocala fl i know a lot of places around ocala or any of fl to catch a lot of big cats i would like to go to birmingham and fish thank you for your reply

6. dedawg1149

dedawg1149 New Member

State:
    alabama
    thank you ill try it and let you know how i did

7. vacatfishin'

vacatfishin' New Member

State:
    VA
    Thanks to all for the info.

8. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    James:

Welcome to the BOC. You'll find a lot of good advice hear, and some real nice folks.

Andy

9. marky1957

marky1957 New Member

State:
    texas
    thanks for the info

10. 10IbsBass

10IbsBass New Member

State:
    AL
    Thanks i wanted to know that too

11. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Try Bucks Pocket. It's out of the way and really beautiful. I like fishing from the train tracks beside Waynes Feed Mill. If they are unloading a barge, give them a shout and they may chum some feed for you. Good luck.

12. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    heres you another spot.... theres a causeway between arab and guntersville...this time of year the cats start to move close to those rocks and some will hang around till it get cold again... I've seen some nice flatheads come from there and some pretty nice blues.... :wink:

13. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    Welcome to the BOC!!!!!! I am in Boaz AL do you know where the state park is?? There is some good fishing around there

14. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA

Hey im in Boaz and fish all the time!! Holla at me and maybe we can hook up and go fishing!!

15. Richard Vinson

Richard Vinson New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Hello and welcome to BAMA im in Limestone co city of ATHENS i live close to Browns ferry nucler plant . I cant really help you in Guntersville but if your ever in my part of the river i can. Let me know if you ever come this way and we will hook up. Get you a river map and cheak it out also get a Wheeler map and in Madison county on Rock house rd good fishing from the bank. I got a 58lb channle cat there my self. Good luck:cool2:

16. danbran4

danbran4 New Member

State:
    alabama
    I'm headin out for the coosa in the mornin, I was wonderin if anyone could give me a good spot between riverside and neely henry, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff

17. sculbert1

sculbert1 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Hey guys, I'm new here and live in Albertville.. but work in Arab, so I have to drive across the causeway every day on the way to work and see all those people fishing while I'm going to work! I usually fish for flatheads off the bank in the town creek and short creek area. I keep saying I'm going to start stopping on the hwy 69 causeway after work and try it here some afternoon.

18. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    Welcome to the BOC:wink:...

19. dedawg1149

dedawg1149 New Member

State:
    alabama
    i like to thank everyone for the help i am sorry i havent reply back been out of town with family illness again thank you