FROM SHORE

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by sandgan, Apr 24, 2009.

1. sandgan

sandgan New Member

State:
    california
    looking to go catfishing in a pond or lake in central or northern cali. looking for a spot that will produce cats and alow camping with good shore fishing opportunities. if you have any suggestions please post them. ive never been catfishing and dont even know if theres a season or what time of the year is best that would help me too. thanks alot fishermen

2. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    Try Lake Isabella east of Bakersfield, you can fish right from the shore. Good catfish,and trout from the shore.

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    If you could pin down a more specific area that would be cool. I like Mendota slough. It is free, campfires are permitted and I catch fish:wink:

4. sandgan

sandgan New Member

State:
    california
    thanx guys, to be a little more specific i live on the monterey bay and am willing to stay in cen cal or even go up north depending on what catfish lakes or ponds might be better. i want to camp on the bank of a lake and be able to fish for cats all night.I havent ever gone for cats but im very interested, so if this helps you help me i really appreciate it.

5. askins00

askins00 New Member

State:
    California
    I have fished Lake Cachuma quite frequently over the last 11 years. There is waterfront camping and the fishing there is excellent. It is just east of Buellton. About 45 minutes south of Santa Maria.

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    That sounds like you & your Buddy what to hit up the Ca. Delta / but you may want to do that in about a month or so - when the water warms up a bit -the Cat Fishing will be much better by then.
    :wink:
    :0a26: :0a23::0a22::006::0a17::big_smile: