From best to worst

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by QuincyFisher, May 7, 2006.

1. QuincyFisher

QuincyFisher New Member

State:
    Quincy,Illinois
    This weekend started out as one of the best of my life. Me, Fatfish_55, and Buknasty went down to Mark Twain Lake at 4 in da morning to do a little crappie fishing. At first the bite was slow, we got snagged about every other cast and Fatfish broke his rod tip. After that the day when great. We hooked up the power converter and listented to some music while catching crappie about every other cast. We fished till about 5 in the evening then set out our jugs and trout lines for overnight soakin. Two of our other friends came down to camp with us. We cooked crappie, mushrooms, and deer tenderloin and were having the time of our lives. Some of us went to bed around 10 and the others later.
    The next morning me and my friend Jon wake up and we are the only 2 at camp. Our other friends went out on the boat to check the troutlines, jugs, and to do a little crappie fishing. Then our friend from town calls us telling us that two of our good friends got in a car wreck last night. He said that my friend Josh was in the hospital with a concussion and bruised lung and my other friend Mark was completly fine. So we had nothing to worry about and everything was going to be ok. When Fatfish and Buknasty got back from fishing I told them about the wreck and we talked about how they were probably doing something stupid since they hit a tree. Then we called my friend back just to make sure they were both alright. He was crying, but still said that both of them were fine and he was about to go talk to the sheriff.
    Five minutes later my girlfriend called me. She was crying and I didn't understand why since both of them would be alright. Then she told me the news that Mark was killed on impact and Josh was in the Intensive care unit with broken ribs and a punctured lung. Right then and there 30 miles from home I realized I lost 1 of my best friends and that another might not make it. I thank God that my mom let me go camping because I have a feeling I would of been out at 3 in the morning driving around with them. Please keep them in your prayers.

2. bud_rabon

bud_rabon New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I sure hate hearing stuff like that.

3. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Joel, sorry to hear about your friends. I will definately keep your friends and their family in my prayers.

4. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sorry to hear that, life is sometimes funny that way I lost some good friends about the same way just had the feeling I shouldn't go that nite to a party well they went and left the road doing 120+ according to the investagators. Thoughts go out.

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Joel my prayers are with you and the families

6. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Sorry to here that. Hang in there, brother.

7. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sorry for your loss... Stories like that just make me cringe...

The world was made round so that we would never be able to see too far down the road.

8. bud_rabon

bud_rabon New Member

State:
    Alabama
    After reply to you post last night. I got a phone call saying that one of my good friends had been stabed and was not in good shape.

9. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Sorry to hear that. My lil sis is pretty cut up about it too. She worked at the park district with Mark.

10. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Joel, Tyler,

My prayers are with you and your families, as well as those families of the boys.

11. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    very sorry to hear about your friends bad events
    as others stated though im glad your werent with them
    and maybe theres a reason for that.
    will say a prayer for their family
    hope your friend that did make it pulls through .
    thats a horrible thing to hear about .
    my son will be driveing before long and i aint in any knind of hurry for it
    he cant hardly sit still he so anxious.
    hearing about this and the dozens of other assidents involveing young people makes me kind of depressed.

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :sad2: SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE LOSS OF YOUR FRIEND.JUST THSNK THE LORD THAT YOU WASN'T WITH THEM.OUR PRAYERS ARE GOING OUT TO YOU AND THE BOYS FAMILIES. I'M A FRIM BELIEVER THAT ALL THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON.EVEN THOUGH WE DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY SOMETIMES. JUST HANG TOUGH FOR YOUR SISTER AND EVERYONE ELSE.
    GOD BLESS .KEEP YOUR FAITH.

13. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yep it sure did suck
    havin a awsome weekend just to hear that
    made it that much worse that we thought they were gonna be ok and kinda joked around about it

14. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I don't know what to say man, I had a similiar thing happen to me earlier in the year. Prayers are sent. Stay stong my friend.

15. QuincyFisher

QuincyFisher New Member

State:
    Quincy,Illinois
    Today me and a bunch of my friends went down to the site of the wreck. It's unbelievable. There is only 1 big tree in the whole area and thats the one they had to hit. Its to unreal. Our school doesn't even care they expect us all to be in class tomorrow on a normal schedule with no problems. Thursday is going to be the worst day of my life having to bury a friend already. Thanks for the support. I'll post pictures of the site later.

16. m.a.p.

m.a.p. New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Sorry To Hear About Your Friends. I Will Pray That God Will Console The Family And That He Will Heal Your Hearts And Touch Your Friend In The Hospital. The Lord Is Not Through With You. I Had A Terrible Crash On My Motorcycle Last September I Shouldn't Be Here But God Is Not Through Yet. Just Remember That Not One Sparrow Falls To The Ground That He Doesn't See. How Much More Does He Care For Us.

17. QuincyFisher

QuincyFisher New Member

State:
    Quincy,Illinois
    Today I went to the hospital to see my friend. He is still in a coma but he was moving around a bit when I was there. Kinda sucks for him because he was probably gonna have a full ride for soccer to college. I went to the wreck site again and took a bunch of pictures and went and saw their car for the first time. Almost all of the roof was ripped off it and the stearing wheel was smashed in all the way to where the center console should be. I'll be posting pictures in a few days after the funeral and visitation.

18. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    (FRIST OF ALL WELCOME TO THE BOC.) NOWIT IS TRUE THAT GOD HAS A PLAN FOR EVERYONE.SOMETIMES WE GO THROUGH LIFE AND NEVER FIGURE OUT WHAT HE WANTED US TO DO. LIKE I ALWAYS SAY EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON. SOMETIMES WE DON'T UNDERSTAND THE REASON.ONLY GOD KNOWS.