From bank - Rod holders styles... which do you like?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Gunner-Fisherman, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Gunner-Fisherman

Gunner-Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    When I get to fish from the bank I like to use the
    European style that holds the rods level to the water... They have been called, Rod Pods...

But I have seen some that stick with the old school style that you just shove in the ground and lean the rod up against it resting it in a "Fork" more or less.

I just wanted to see which is the most popular here on the boards...

2. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    i made my own out of a 4 foot peice of pvc pipe with 2 smaller peices bolted to the top angled upwards. sometimes when im fishing near a rocky bank i just find 2 good sized rocks and possition my rod to where it wont move or get pulled yet i can get to it quickly.

3. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Almost a trick question. I fish from a lot of rocky shores, so setting a rod holder well really doesn't work.
    What I will usually do is jam a 2' piece of PVC into the rocks and use that (saves wear and tear on the rod handle).
    If there is a current running I'll set it somewhat upright, but if there is no current that rod will be laying pretty much level with the water. (I use a baitclicker that lets line out easily, so the rod's not going to fly away)

4. Gunner-Fisherman

Gunner-Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That is a good idea for the pvc pipe... I know a few guys that would love that idea/tip... the ends of their rods look like they have been pulled behind a truck for about a week!