Frog togs

Discussion in 'Fishing Clothing Review' started by catfish_clayton, Dec 27, 2006.

1. catfish_clayton

catfish_clayton New Member

State:
    Catania, Italy,
    Has anyone tried frog togs rain suits how are they.

2. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    I don't have a set myself but I had a friend that loved them.
    I bought my brother a set last month for his birthday and since we are the same size I went ahead and tried them on.
    They are light and easy on the ole body.
    When the set that I have is no longer any good I am going to get a pair for myself.

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I have a pair, they are awesome. Although, they get messed up very easily, I still haven't figured out what happened to mine, all of the sudden one day the little fuzzy coating started coming off and stuff. I don't notice any difference as far as the protection of the suit though, but the little fuzzy stuff coming off looks very strange....lol

My favorite thing to use mine for, is throwing my cast net, keeps me nice and dry.

4. roh1961

roh1961 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I had a pair and they worked great. The problem with them is that they are not much thicker than the vinyl or paper type suits that we wore on some construction sites to help keep our clothes from getting ruined. I personally think they are way overpriced for what you're getting. I wouldn't give $5 for another suit.

5. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    I've had a set of them for about 3 years and I would not buy anything else.They are especially good in summer when its to hot for regular rain gear.The wind will blow right through them and keep you cool.

6. tigger_tat_55

tigger_tat_55 New Member

State:
    cali
    i have had a set for bout 4 years. they are great! I use them on overnight boats out of san diego. they are light and easy to pack. if you need a little more warmth, a sweat shirt under works well.

7. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    My Wife got me a pair about two years ago and sometimes "I don't even remember that it's raining or I even have them on", because they work that well!
    :wink:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

8. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    My son got me a set (bibs/jacket) 4 years ago and they are great. Light and you don't get hot in them. Would recommend them to anyone who is looking to purchase a rain suit.

9. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I used a set while fishing with guy last year and they are awesome, I'm in the market for a set for the wife and I.

10. Willy

Willy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    They work good if you are standing but will soak your backside if sitting for any lenght of time in a good toad strangler.I found out first hand a couple of years ago while fishing a tournament that they will let ya down when ya need them the most. I went an bought a set of Cabela's Pac lites and they have proven to be what I need in warm weather. Goretex is the only way to go if your life depends on it at times.I have a set of duck huntin bibs and jacket in Goretex for winter fishin and a set of Goretex Paclites for summer. The Paclites roll up into a small package for easy storage also. Not real hard on the pocketbook also.

11. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    I too had a problem with the Toggs getting saturated while sitting....which sucks if it's also cold.

Hard to beat the price of Toggs...but I switched back to Gore Tex.

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would agree with this post. Frog Togs are the way to go. Worth the money.:big_smile:

13. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i have a pair and would not go out on the water without them. they are a good wind breaker as well. they are expensive but work well. i carry them hunting some, but they are not real tough in the woods. they will tear in brush.