Frog gigging

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by kat buster, Apr 23, 2006.

1. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I went frog giging last night with a couple of friends. We went for bull frogs. We got about 10 all together. When we got back we cleaned them and then ate them. They were pretty good.:thumbsup:

P.S. Olive oil is very flamible and burns along time in a pan.

2. TNcat

TNcat New Member

State:
    TN
    I haven't been frog gigging in a long time!!!! We used to have a ball doing

it. I just didn't like seeing what I was getting ready to eat twitching around in the skillet:confused_02:

3. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    just a suggestion, if you go giggin in small boat and if you set in back, do not put gig in boat under the seat. when I (I ment when it is) pulled out, the person in front might (did) get the point!:rolleyes:

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Ah! Brings back good memory's of old times.As a teenager my son Joe liked to catch Bullfrogs by hand.We were running a limb line about 50 feet above the I-16 crossing of the Ogeechee River in S.E.Ga..He spotted a Bullfrogs eyes against the bank.He asked to be put ashore,and for me to hold the light on the frog to blind it.The frog was submerged except for its head against the bank.Joe eased along,crouched and suddenly grabbed the frog.He snatched it out of the water.to suddenly realize he had more than frog.The frog had about 3 feet of newly shed,easy to I.D Cottonmouth hanging off of the back half.Joe had a handful of both.Now,I will hand it to this boy.He was quick.If you wish to watch a pro practice catch and release,watch Joe.Yes Sir! He was fast.I never was able to figure out where that snake and frog went.I did make sure that it was not in the boat with me.That boy was a slow learner.That was the second time that had happened as he regularly hunted and caught frogs this way.As a southern style noodler,he was familiar with the slinky competition.I don;t know where that boy got some of the things he did from.I remember dropping his older brother on his head.I don;t remember dropping Joe.His mother must have dropped him.peewee-williams