frog and toad lures

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by bluefish1928, Jul 4, 2009.

1. bluefish1928

bluefish1928 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    What frog and toad lures are the best and not too expensive (6 dollars and under not including the spro ones)?

how many fish can u usually expect them to last through?

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    The spro is one of the best out there. Snagproof and Bobbys special frog are other good ones. I love to fish them around pads, grass and mats. Good luck on your choice.

3. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    two words my brother, RAGE TOAD. u can get them in different colors, i have found that green w/ pearl belly works great.

4. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    never tried the toads!! we must be a special breed:eek:oooh::wink:!! basscat fishermen:eek:oooh:!! rare breed indeed. from what i understand on this site bass men and cat men can't get along!! myself i'm both:eek:oooh:!!! glad to see tere are others on here!!

5. bluefish1928

bluefish1928 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    im just the breed that fishes for anything anywhere. at the lake i will have a rod setup for cats and a trotline out while i fish for bass. in saltwater, ill set a float with live bait, cast spoons, and bottom fish. also always have a cast net in my hand.
    today i went to walmart and got a trophy scumfrog and a pack of stanley ribbit frogs. im a shorebound angler so i believe using taods would work well for me since i should be able to cast some distance with them; plus, unlike floating worms which seems to create too little of a wake on lily pads, toads kick up alot of wake.
    i'll try the week after next since ill be at the lake/pond for a week(scout camp)

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    When fishing frogs or toads around matted cover I would suggest using Braid line. It will out preform mono and can keep you from loosing a lot of fish.