Friends?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by smoothkip25, Dec 29, 2008.

1. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Been bored reading through a bunch of old posts on here tonight and I came across a good one on friends! Its crazy how friends come and go as you grow up but id like to hear about that buddy or best friend of all of yours that has stuck around with ya through everything! Friends get us through rough times and bring us up when were down! My best friend would have to be my dad. I look up to him in so many ways. Hes the only person I can honestly trust 100% he would never let me down! It seems like everything i think or choose to do has an impact on him. Thats why I never try to let him down, even though I have many times, he still is there for me and i know i could go to him for anything!

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I hav to agree with you. Dad has alwys bee there. I just hope I am as good at being there for my kids as he is for me.

3. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
  4. Still_Waters...

Still_Waters... New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm going to go against the grain here and say that my best friend is a guy that I've known forever, through thick and thin he's the one that's always had my back, even when family wouldn't, he's a 100% bad a** tough guy, but I'm one of the only people who's ever seen him cry, and he's probably one of the only people I can sit around and do nothing with being completely content because some how he'll manage to make it completely entertaining, he's one awesome dude, and he's one of the best friends anyone could ever happen into. :cool2:

5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    yep,he might have not seemed fair in the younger years,now,being a parent,i see just how right he was.

6. JKrupp

JKrupp New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My dad has always been my best friend as well. My mom passed when I was pretty young so he has been all we had for a long time. No matter what he has always looked out for whats best for me even when I wasn't. He has been my voice of reason when I was irrational he has kept my feet on the ground and my nose to the grind stone. Even when I ran into trouble right out of high school and spent some time in the can he would come to visit and accept the collect calls when I needed someone to talk to. When I came home he opened his doors and let me stay there until I got back on my feet and after my x-wife and I split he let me and my son live with him for awhile while I adjusted to being a single father and life on our own again. Even when he drives me nuts and busts my chops I know he is always thinking of whats best for me. I never really realized how much he meant until I had a son of my own and I see myself doing and saying the same things I remember him saying to me. I hope I can be as great of a dad as the one I have.

7. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My best friend had to be my oldest brother. My dad was fairly old (55) when I was born and out of energy for a young boy growing up. My brother was 15 yrs older then me and did all of the things most dads do with their sons. I lost him to cancer in the 80"s but he will always be my best friend.

8. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My Dad is great, I love the guy to death. For me though the old saying holds true, a man's best friend is his dog. Mine is just about to turn 10, 10 great years.

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My dad never did much with me growing up, what I learned about fising was mostly self taught..We have a decent relationship, but not best friends.

I found out late in life that i was adopted, so maybe he never thought of me as a son, i dont know.

I have two really good friends now, MELLON HEAD, and Roger that i enjoy the time on the water, and conversations with them.

i just wish winter was over so we could hit the river again.

I am basically a loner, never had alot of friends, and thats my fault for sure.

Because i would like to have more friends.

10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    For the person that taught me how to fish (worms and hotdogs :smile2:) that would go to my Dad, he showed me how to be patient with fishing and not worry about it.

We didnt know about shad back then and occasionally I would fish with cut bait to no avail but it was still fun so he would have been at the top of my list prior to his passing.

Im kind of like Jack, I like to be alone and I dont have many if any "friends" per se exept for here on the board. I have met many brothers and all of you that I have met have been great to be around even tho I probably wasnt LOL. So in a nutshell all of you are my friends.

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My best friend of course is my dad. I need not explain for most know its tough to replace a father figure in your life. However, my best friend away from my dad has been a life-long friend since we were in kindergarten. He is in my profile. We have grown up together, playing sports and fishing and hunting together. We were the best men in each of our weddings when we married our great wives, and continue to be best buds still today. You have friends, and you have true friends.. Nick is a true friend.. Good post Kip.......rollo

12. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Jack & Gary I don't have very many friends either. Tom T Hall once sang about "friends are hard to find when they discover that you're down". There are people who don't have the back bone to help you when they know that you're in the right right. I'm glad that I got to meet some of the BOC's members while fishing because it had helped me to forget some things that I've no control over. I think that we all can use more friends to help us forget.

13. Sharpy22

Sharpy22 New Member

State:
    ohio
    So very true Kip, I do consider you to be one of them as well as a few others. But when you have a father that sticks with you thru thick and thin you definately never forget it as long as you live :wink:

14. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've always said that too.

15. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio

16. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I cant use my cell phone now, cant afford it buddy...I did not know you called my home phone????

17. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yea, it was Christmas eve and I even acted like I was from Catfish Connection and you just order $250 worth of back ordered rods. I was really calling for your address to send a Christmas card, WHICH I NEVER GOT TO SEND BECAUSE I NEVER GOT A RETURN CALL!!!!! :smile2::wink::smile2:

18. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hey, if the card was going to contain money or a check, it's never to late to send it:smile2::smile2: