Friends

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathunter, Mar 3, 2006.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Life would be pretty empty without them...I thank god for all my friends, and my best friend, they get you thru tuff times..

I have a pretty crappy homelife right now, and a friend called me tonight, made me feel better in the brief moment that we spoke.

2. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    Gotta agree with you Flathunter! Friends are what make life special. I count myself furtunate that my brother is without a doubt my best friend. We can just be together & doesn't matter if we talk or not, I just feel better! We used to fight bad when we were kids, but now I couldn't ask for a better or more true friend. Thanks for reminding me.

Frank

3. JimF

JimF New Member

State:
    IL
    I've heard it said that every man needs aleast 6 friends....somebody has to carry us to the grave. We get by with a little help from our friends....( Hey, that would make a good song) Keep on smilin':grin-big:

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    AMEN Brother!!!! Good friends are priceless. They are truely a blessing from God.

5. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    Amen Jack, friends can be the one thing that can get you through the day

6. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    A bad home life really sucks! Been there and done that! Fortunately things will get better! I truly beleive that friends are placed in our lives to get us through the tough times. I'll say a silent one for you. Hang in there.

7. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey Jack, we all been there, Im usually ready to go fishing about anytime, just give me a hollar, thats what I do when Im not feeling 100%

Take care my friend!
    Salmonid

8. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Amen on the best friend. My best friend is also my brother, except we have different parents. We have been best freinds for fifty years now, love him as much as my real sister. I am lucky in that my supervisor is also a really good friend and my fishing partner.

9. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    Your not alone. I am going thru some hard times myself. I will say a prayer for you. I have some real good friends. Something about friends. No matter how long it has been since you seen them, a true friend is always there. Things come and go, friends last forever.:)

10. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Hang in there, FH & RJ - you will persevere! One of the greatest gifts a person can have is a trusted friend, and both of you have been blessed with more than one. I know that it's often hard to retain our perspectives when we're feeling crappy, but if we take a moment we will realize that there are others who have it much worse that we do. Hard times allow us to appreciate and cherish the good times. :)

11. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    Big fishing boat= $10,500.00

Rods and Reels= $550.00

New Truck= $35,300.00

New house= $150,000.00

One friend to call you and bring your spirits up= Priceless!:)

12. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    That 'bout sums it up!!

13. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I don't have many true friends but the ones I do have are like me. I'm very loyal to the people that have stood by me through thick and thin. Outside of family you can count all my friends on one hand.

Yes its great to have people there you can count on.

14. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Hang in there Jack,:sad: know it or not....you have a ton of friends right here on BOC and many of us have been there also. I remember those times, I would launch my boat with a fishing buddy and not come back for at least 12 hours minimum. Some times I would just camp out and stare at the stars, watch the wildlife, listen to the birds and the wind in the trees. Or I would hike into my favorite place of solice where I sat by a waterfall and closed my eyes and just listened. Nature has a way of bringing out the inner peace in us human animals if we just let it. I was usually alone up there unless I was fishing with a friend,(kinda the hermit type ya know) but the time I spent out there with nature left me in awe of the power that created all of this and made my problems seem trivial. Anytime you feel cornered and need to open up, please feel free to PM and let loose buddy.;) Fishing will be here soon also, nothing quite like being on the water with a good friend and taking in the nature around you. Peace be with ya buddy!:)

15. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Hang in there, my friend, it will get better! When the going gets tough, the tough go fishing!
    When despair for the world grows in me, and I wake in the night at the least sound in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be -- I go and lie down where the wood drake rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds. I come into the peace of wild things who do not tax their lives with forethought or grief. I come into the presence of still water. And I feel above me the day-blind stars waiting with their light. For a time I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.
    Wendell Berry

16. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the well wishes guys, It makes me feel better..The troubles with my stepson are really getting bad, So bad that my wife is fearing for her life.

17. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    If my wife had to fear for her life, a certain child would be finding another place to live. If my daughter ever threatens my wife, her mom, I will put her on the curb. I love my daughter more than I can tell, but I love my wife a little more, I did marry her due to falling in love with her. Thank God, that my daughter has turned out to be a great little lady. I didn't do many things in my life right but that is one thing that WE did right. How old is the stepson? If he is old enough to be on his own, take him out back, get his attention and tell him it's time to either shape up or ship out. I hope I don't sound like I don't care but my wife is second only to the Lord, my savior. God Bless

18. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My stepson is 13 years old..and If I tried to ship him out, which I want to, my wife would leave me..I have asked her what is it gonna take for us to remove him from the home..she said something really really bad...I dont buy this motherly love crap, but that is what she says it is..She told me if he stabed her, or raped her, she would still feel the same love for him, and nothing can change that.

19. Ulizth

Ulizth New Member

State:
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    That's really tough flat. The only thing I can say is just try to be there for her when she needs the support. I have found that the one thing you can't seem to change is a womans feelings. We are all here for you. :)

20. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Jack,
    Motherly love includes getting him help. You must convince her of that. Tough love is just that. Sounds like parental abuse to me from him to her and you.
    JMHO
    Take care,
    Cheryl