Friendly supportive gesture.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by kat in the hat, Apr 1, 2007.

What would you do?

1. Wear it with pride?

2. Wear it, but switch once out of sight?

3. "Forget" you owned it?

4. "Accidentally" let it get blown off on the water?

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My GF just gave me a new fishing cap. It says Hot Rod on it, and has a bass lure on it. What would you do?

2. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    that is a easy one THANK HER

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    If I fished for Bass I would wear it with pride since you said your GF gave it to you. Since I dont really fish for them I would probably take it back for another hat if I could I dont think she would mind.

4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I would thankfully add it to my hat collection. I am sure every hat wearing member has many on a wall somewhere

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'd get a new girlfriend. They need to understand that there are some things ya just don't buy for us! LOL!

6. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    I'm not ungrateful. I said thank you, and even put it on my head, and adjusted it to fit. I would hate to be seen wearing it though, even though it is perty and all. It is the though that counts. I do have a wonderful woman. Just misguided as some of them are. lol. Vote, vote, vote. I want a good general concensus. I wish I could get her out on the water, but it won't happen. I have seen her catch a few crappie one day, but then that was all. Not another mention of ever going again.

7. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    #1 Advice = Ignore George :wink:

#2 Always be honest - just tell her it would be considered a breach of catfishermen's code of conduct for you to wear that hat :cool2:

#3 Thoughtfully consider whether or not she'll whoop up on you before proceeding with #2.

Hope that helps, Matt :big_smile:

P.S. Seriously, don't pretend to like it if you know you'll never wear it. I think that'd hurt her more than if you just tell her straight up. Nuthin good is ever built on dishonesty... even if it's dishonesty for "good" reasons.

8. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Keep life simple. Fishing is fishing.

9. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    LOL. Funny you should mention that. She almost bought me some power tools today. I told her (although I do need tools) not to waste her money on stuff like that. At least not unless I'm there to pick it out.

Thank you for your advice. You may be on to something there. I lose hats to the river alot though, but I would actually have to wear this one for that to happen. I couldn't in good conscience just throw it in. I know I will be expected to wear it. And yes, she could/would woop my butt if I even act like I don't like it. Why are they that way? My mom is the same. I've even tried the whole being honest thing, and said "Thank you, but that's really not me." And ened up feeling like a turd anyway.

10. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Oh my... power tools :eek:oooh: Now that is serious....

umm, Matt... I think that hat may be the least of yer concerns :wink:

Regarding: "Why are they that way?"

I do hope that was a rhetorical question, cuz this could really get complicated... lol :confused2:

11. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    LOL. Check the name. I have hats for every occasion, but not bass fishing! LOL.

12. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    lol. She probably wants me to build her something like a cabinet for the dining room, or an end table, or one of the many things I should've got done by now. I guess the whole "I don't have to tools for that." line is wearing thin. lol.

Yes totally rhetorical.

13. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    That's easy for a bald guy who sweats a lot and handles bait a lot too.
    Glad to have a hat. Sometimes they get too ripe ta wear a whole lot, and after ya wash em they're never quite the same, an face it yer just another red neck in a ball cap; unless it says exactly the wrong darn thing at the wrong exact time.
    :smile2:

14. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'd have to see the GF, first...:lol:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    People seem to get nostalgic about a lot of things they weren't so crazy about the first time around.

15. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    You asked for it! LOL!!!

Attached Files:

16. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I was thinking the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

17. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Yup, there is a song about it.

"Got a brand new girlfriend" lol

18. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    The of the type catfish you like most and get a photo of it and take it to a shop that does things on hats like that and have them remove the lure and put the catfish on.

19. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Wear the hat bro and smile like you just won the lottery...better to keep her happy.

20. troyedm

troyedm New Member

State:
    edmond oklahoma
    have a friend who likes to bass fish. we go out together often with our families to the lake. he takes his boat and bass/crappie fishes, we take ours and catfish. it is really amazing that those fresh fish are that good, be it cat or bass. no shame in being a bass fisherman, it is a highly skilled sport. they taste pretty good also.