fried backstrap recipes

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Katfish Kern, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    hey fellas, anyone have some good recipes for fried backstrap???

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I just use an egg bath then dip in crushed crackers.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I butterfly cut my backstraps, take me trusty meat hammer and whoop on it a bit. Soak it in zesty Italian salad dressing, flour and fry. Another trick i like is insert a long bladed knife into the backstrap and cut a hole the entire length of it. Then i stuff a kielbasa or similar sausage into it, wrap in bacon and grill for about 2 hours on lowish heat. It's really hard to mess up backstrap period.:wink:

4. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    salt pepper flour & fry,don't need nothin' else,but elbow room.

5. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Well Normally if it is the tenderloin only hot greese floured like chicken with a pinch of this seasoning or that will do. But if ya got a old buck and really do not want to beat it with a medal hammer try putting it in the oven with brown gravy hot peppers, bannana peppers seasonings and such. That is pretty good too. ya cook it slow like a roast and the meat will fall apart

6. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    I have an industrial meat tenderizer and I run any piece of meat that is hand size, including the neck meat through it a couple of times and it is ready to eat. Of course I have to run the tougher pieces more than twice. I do like the Italian dressing soak, makes a specie meal. Salt, pepper, roll in flour and slow cook, when the flower on top is blood soaked turn it one time and brown the other side. Ready to eat, and great. You can always put them back in the cast iron skillet, pour a can of condensed mushroom soup on them and simmer till tender. Serve over mashed potatoes, with peas, salad, fresh bread or biscuits and a frosty libation. that is a meal for any man that likes wild game. Of course, a side plate of hickory jack mushrooms (oyster) which can be found any time of the year when there is a lot of moisture. "IT DON'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT" !

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I like to take the strap cut it in about 5 to 6 inch chunks, not butterflying it, soak it in alittle Lawrys Seasoned Salt, Dash of Black Pepper, and Worcestershire Sauce overnight in a zip lock bag, Take the chunks out, and place on a HOT grill with lid closed!! Allowing each side to only go around 3 minutes, then flip once!! Have ya a plate ready and foil to quickly cover with. Allow to sit another 10 minutes wrapped with the foil, this will finish the cooking process, and the straps stay moist! Kinda different, but this is how I cook them babies!:wink: rollo

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  8. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    take you some kentucky kernal seasoned flower apply to both sides with some salt and pepper, fry in some oil or bacon grease. for a little flare cover in mushroom soup with some garlic salt let it simmer' for a little bit and serve, good stuff baby!!!

9. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    What in the world is a backstrap??
    When I first read this , what came to mind was inedible.

10. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    Mason; that is what good'ole country boys call a loin from a deer. :wink:

11. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Based upon what I hear , I'll have to try some venison one day. It sounds like it would be pretty good.

12. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    try cuttin it into 1 inch nuggets and deep fry them.mix up a mixture of ketchup and horseradish. use toothpicks to stab them and dip them in th sauce.we call it CHIZLICK. :big_smile::cool2:

13. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I cant believe how many ways you guys can come up with to cover up the flavor.lol :roll_eyes::smile2: Flour it to hold the lard, fry it crisp on the out side and bloody on the inside, salt to taste. If some turns out a little tough to chew, that's just all the more time you have to enjoy the flavor...:wink:

14. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    Thank for the ideas fellas! I'm gonna be frying up some this weekend!

15. flatheadslayer

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    exactly no need to over complicate back strap ,fry it ,eat it,it is ,what it is.

16. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    How come one one CPR's? :smile2:

17. flatheadslayer

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    yeah,CPR them deer,so their genes will be there.

18. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I love a recipe that has "Whoop on it a bit":smile2::smile2:

19. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I just season with garlic,salt ,and fresh ground black pepper,Fry to med rare and enjoy. I am a carnivore ,Cant live without my meat,and each is unique in its natural flavors,Just the way nature intended.:wink:

20. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Im with you Richard,
    Add a little Dales sauce for dipping like steak sauce...:wink:
    Puddle