friday on the james river - will be puttin in at jordan point.

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by hotva29, Dec 11, 2008.

1. hotva29

hotva29 New Member

State:
    va
    il be heading down friday for a day on the windy james.we will be puttin in at jordan point.the weather isnt looking to good.anybody else gonna be out?il be on a 19ft skiff

2. DH84

DH84 New Member

State:
    Eastern NC
    you do any good?

how was the river? full of trash from the rain or was it still fishable?

3. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    If there was ever a good night to be out, this would be it. Read something about the moon being it's biggest and brightest tonight in the past few years. I can see really well out there.

4. ladyjack7

ladyjack7 New Member

State:
    Chester, VA
    Randy and I went bank fishing Friday night for a couple of hours. Using homemade bait, I caught 2 blues, 1 20.5 and 1 25.8. No bites on shad.
    Strong Northwest wind blew off and on all night. The moon is the biggest it will be until this time next year. 99 percent through tomm. Gonna give the boat a try today. Expect some pretty strong tides through Monday.
    We will be out around the BP and poss. 295 bridge. Wind suppose to die down towards the evening. Baiten up and puttin in. Good luck to all!

5. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sound like you did good on the bank, where were you night fishing?

6. ladyjack7

ladyjack7 New Member

State:
    Chester, VA
    Had to work til 730 last night:angry:. Got to the bank bout 815. We fished til about 1am at a friends private beach near the bp. Wanted to get an early start today but after last night, that didn't happen. Hit the water today around 1pm. Fished around the bp and towards dutch gap. Water temps in the mid 40's for most of the afternoon til they cut the discharge on around 4pm. Temps cam up to around 60 by 530. Decided to bank fish for a little while and called it quits at 8. No big bites just a few small blues. Beats working any day of the week!

7. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    God do i wish i lived down there