Friday night results from Bartlett Lake

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by tdpasser, May 22, 2006.

1. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Caught 2 flats 6lb and 8lb and 2 channels 3lb and 4lb on friday night. water temp 80-82 depending on area. all 4 were caught on gills which there was plenty. still looking for the big one I might try closer across from the main launch next time there seems to be a lot of little islands there and you guys have mentioned it as a good spot. the spot I've been fishing seems to produce a couple every time I go but not that big. fished from 1430-0230.
    a whole lot of people on the lake camping.

2. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Nice job.

It sounds like you were in a decent spot.

I understand about people camping...tis the season. Were you bank fishing or on a boat?

Martinman

3. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    good job. Went out to Colorado River this weekend still big flats being landed. Riverbuds uncle got a 41 pounder and a buddy of mine landed a 20. Not quantity but quality is the key there now. Earlier in the week someone landed a 61 pounder.

4. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    I normally boat to a bank and break out the lawn chair after painting the area for depth and structure so I know what I'm casting into.

5. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Went Fri-Mon, too many idiots. Was forced way up river. Did ok about 8 channels 2-3lbs, 2 smaller bass, 1 nice sized carp and 5 soft shelled turtles. Darn things were attacking the bait. Monday got blown off the lake by high winds. Heavy winds are no good in a big ol toon. Had a nice time anyways.

6. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Mike I can relate to that when i quite fishing I tried to find the SB launch and couldn't find it because people were fishing on the end of the dock and another boat was tied there fishing too. I thought they were boats but did finally find it. Just think how this weekend will be. I'm normally across the lake from the partys but can hear the crazies real clear.

7. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Mike I sent you a private message which I first sent to topjimmy cause I thought he had the toon boat just wanted some advise I'm looking for a beater to fix up which there seems to be a few for cheap. Wonder if you had things to look for or stay away from. Thanks, Terry.

8. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Terry, I returned your PM.