Friday night report -- PB for Pearl

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by TN Greg, Aug 11, 2008.

1. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    We went out Friday night for a few hours. Managed 7 fish total with the biggest at 43 lbs. All in all, it was a great night for us. Enjoyed the banter with Skipeye and Freespool as well. We had a bit of trouble with the radio, it was changing channels on us -- so, if we didn't respond or acted rude it was not intentional, we were probably on the wrong channel.

This fish was special in many ways. It was my buddy's PB.....in fact I think it was his second fish this year. He caught a 1lber moments before this one. Regardless, he was due.

On a lighter note, I believe the fish may have been as excited as he was. Once he got in the boat, he began to fertilize everything (if you know what I mean). As I was telling Freespool on the radio, it looked like an ice cream truck wrecked in my boat. I didn't think this was the time of year for that sort of thing, but my buddy has a pearl necklace that would suggest otherwise.

Attached Files:

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Maybe he got excited when he seen your shorts Greg. J/K
    WTG Man! Congrat on getting him a new PB!!!!!

3. Yeller.

Yeller. New Member

State:
    MO
    gpolce...thanks for the intro.

Gentlemen-

I have been heading out with gpolce & nessie for the past 2 years... Managed to run into a PB on Friday after a bit of a dry spell; was absolutely fired up! I have never sniffed anything above ~15 lbs...

One small incident that re-defined 'baptism by fire'...

We gave Nessie a battlefield promotion from bait boy to clean-up crew chief immediately.

-Yeller.

Attached Files:

4. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    HUMMMMM
    Now there may be another reason for the alledged lack of communication, and too busy to talk to others

5. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois

Congratulations on that fish!! Sorry it got so messy on you. :smile2::smile2::smile2: Guess you rubbed him the right way or something. :tounge_out:
    I tried calling out on the radio when we stuck our 48 lber. But I didn't get any replies. I think I heard you guys say you were leaving, but I wasn't sure if it was you.
    The higher you can mount your antenna for the radio, the farther you'll be able to talk. People with sailboats really get to take advantage of mounting the antenna up high.

What model is that boat of yours? I love the Lund boats.

I walked around my boat today for the first time since Saturday morning. I noticed some nasty funk running down the toons in 3 different places. I have 3 nappy asian carp stuck up on top the toons. :eek:oooh: YUCK!!! I forgot to check for them Saturday morning before leaving the ramp.

Anyways, I'm off to the river again for the evening. Hopefully the water will wash the asians out of there for me. Otherwise, I guess I'll pull them out when we get back to the ramp. Maybe they'll be rinsed off a little at least. :confused2:

6. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Good luck out there Danno!! Wish I could join ya, but I'm stuck at this "prison" called WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry:

7. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Good luck Dan, I am trying to get motivated to go out as well. Welcome to the BOC Pearl, congrats on a new PB!

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Congrats to you both on the good trip out and to your bud on the new PB!

9. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Have fun fishing guys.. I'm stuck in Columbia till tommorrow night.. I think its somebody elses turn to go out of town for a while..

10. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    What a second fish of the year, congratulations to your buddy on his new PB HAWG :cool2:!

11. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    What a wonderful problem to have......I'm a bit envious. You certainly get plenty of time on the water, but you might as well go again tonight. Ain't gonna catch the world record watching womens gymnastics. I can attest to that.

12. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Well Greg I decided to pass on the fishing tonight, I am going to go durring the day tomorrow and try the daytime bite.

14. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    I didn't count on that luxury.

I get more jealous by the minute. I would go tonight, but I've burnt on my kitchen passes. I'd go tomorrow, but I'll be staring at a computer and sleeping through meetings all day.

Somehow my priorities have gotten out of whack...

15. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Well don't be too jealous, this lifestyle is great short term but you start to miss out on the small things in life like money to buy gas and pay bills. This sounds crazy but I am really starting to miss going to work durring the day.:eek:oooh: Oh well I guess I will just have to go sit on the river for a while to solve the worlds problems tomorrow.:smile2:

16. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    The antenna wasn't the problem. Every time we turned on our spotlight, the power surged, and the radio reset or something and always went back to 16. Any tidbits on that would appreciated.

As for the boat, it is a 17.5ft Lund Tyee. I got it new in 1996. That stinkin' 2 stroke evinrude has blown up on me twice. I think it had something to with the "automatic" oil injection that wasn't so automatic. I disconnected it and now mix it with the gas -- no problems since.

The sippy has been rather hard on it, though. It's a walleye boat. Not built for kittys. The carpet is a pain as you can see in the picture posted by yeller/pearl. I had to take it to the carwash the next day.

17. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Well I'm back home tonight.. But I'm off to Kentucky tommorrow for 2 days.. I'm going fishing this weekend if I have to swim out to one of the islands to do it.. Of course the way the water is dropping I might be able to just walk to one of the islands by this weekend..
    Hey you can always rip out the carpet and put in Marine vinyl.. It'll clean up alot easier..

18. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    I dont know bout any of that missin work stuff Ryan, I'm goin on month #5 and i'm just now gettin setteled in

19. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Ryan do you remember what I told you on the phone about all that white stuff? They are starting to eat Muscles.:wink:

20. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Yep I remember, I had one do it to me last night and it stunk something fearce. I am also still catching quite a few post spawn males that still have fresh battle scars.